What's new

HD DVD at Amazon. Toshiba player and 8 free movies as low as 238.88 (1 Viewer)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
All three Toshiba HD DVD players are being offered on Amazon with 8 free movies. Available on all second gen Toshiba's.:)

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Actually, if you get it with three of the combo disks (Happy Feet, Letters From Iwo Jima, Departed, The Fountain, TMNT), it also qualifies for the Buy 2 Get 1 Free HD DVD offer and you get an additional 27.99 off. Out the door for $210 and change.

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
Same thing with the 360 add on player. $179, it includes King Kong, you pick 2 more and after delivery send off for 5 from a list.

I purchased the above today to add to my PC as I already have an HD A1 for the livingroom.

Lots of free software!!!!

Winman42

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Winston
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/ind...2&newsid=11103

Got this today from Home Media Magazine..-Winston

The Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD Player is the top-selling electronics item on Amazon.com and the Web site is giving consumers added incentive to buy one.
Through Sept. 23, customers who buy a Toshiba HD-A2, HD-A20 or HD-XA2 will get three out of 55 HD DVDs offered on Amazon.com at no charge, in addition to the five free HD DVDs the HD DVD Promotion Group has been offering in its rebate program. The HD DVD Promotion Group rebate offer ends Oct. 31.

Verbatim PR talk removed by moderator - CA.

Matt Shiv

Agent
I took advantage of this deal, but now really wish I would have stuck it out waiting for the 3rd generation models to arrive.

The HD-A2 I got from Amazon has been a dud. Every disc I attempt to watch freezes up even WITH the firmware update. I am not a happy camper.

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
Dont let that sour you on the format as a whole. The Gen 1 and Gen 2 players are all very capable and do a great job. A DoA unit happens in ALL fields of consumer electronics now and then. Yes, it sucks, but dont let it paint your vision of the format just yet.

aht3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Taylor
I went to Amazon and the offer is still up. Is this an attempt to boost market share or are they trying to clear out the inventory to make room for the next gen units? Just curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks