What's new

Hbo: (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
"The Park Is Mine" (1986) on DVD?
I enjoyed this made-for-cable movie when it first came out. It stars Tommy Lee Jones, Yaphet Kotto, and Helen Shaver.
I'm not looking for tons of supplements, just a solid transfer (probably the OAR is full-screen, since it was made-for-tv) and an inexpensive disc.
Since the studio recently put out another solid "HBO Original Feature" from that general era on DVD, "And The Band Played On' (okay...I'm stretching here...it was 7 years later!), then I am hoping that "The Park Is Mine" could be brought out soon.
I'm sure there's enough Tommy Lee Jones fans out there to justify at least a bare-bones edition of this excellent piece of work from him. Thanks,
DAVID LAMBERT
Memphis, TN
[Edited last by David Lambert on August 08, 2001 at 08:37 PM]

Ivan Berisic

Stunt Coordinator
Goddamn, it's been a long time since I last saw this movie. I still have the videotape lying around somewhere. I want this movie on DVD too.
------------------
[Edited last by Ivan Berisic on August 08, 2001 at 09:19 PM]

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
the tommy lee jones movie plays on the fox movie channel all the time
Jacob, with 728 DVD's and more getting bought every day, I don't bother to get cable or satellite. I have about 6-7 broadcast TV shows I like to watch (Simpsons, X-Files, Boston Public, That 70's Show, Titus, Friends, and we'll see how the new season of Dark Angel goes). My 3-year-old likes to insist that I watch Power Rangers Time Force and Digimon with him on Saturday mornings. Usually I also catch "Malcolm in the Middle" as a bridge between Simpsons and X-Files. I've lost interest in Star Trek during the Voyager years...we'll see if Bakula can drag me back in but I'm not holding up too much hope.
So I catch...let's see that's 5½-6½ hours of broadcast TV per week.
Otherwise, I watch DVDs. I currently have 182 unwatched or not-completely-watched discs to go. And that doesn't stop me from buying more. So, it will be a while before me or my family get bored enough to need to pay for cable or satellite, too. :)
That's why I'm asking for good stuff like "The Park Is Mine" to come out on DVD. Because I won't be catching it otherwise!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
alli2icon.gif
"When you grow up, your heart dies."

JohnRyan

Stunt Coordinator
As long as were bending HBO's ear, howz about "The Last of the Blond Bombshells" on DVD.
------------------
"I've got to get me one of them DVD rewinders!"

Kenny Foor

Stunt Coordinator
Has anybody heard of the Tommy Lee Jones movie The River Rat? It also starred Brian Denehey and in her first starring role Martha Plimpton. Paramount should release this one at least as a movie only version.This film came out just before Martha was in The Goonies and it was filmed about 30 miles from where I live.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'll agree with "The River Rat"...I didn't have it filmed anywhere near where I lived, but I enjoyed that one a few times on cable, back in the day.
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
alli2icon.gif
"When you grow up, your heart dies."

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
also:
THE BURNING SEASON
INDICTMENT: THE MCMARTIN TRIAL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks