What's new

Has everyone forgotten? NEW Law and Order tonight? (1 Viewer)

Rollie

Stunt Coordinator
With all the talk of Enterprise, it seems everyone is neglecting Law & Order with new ADA. (And supposed shocking ending!) Well, everyone except me, I guess.
wink.gif

------------------
Hit pay-dirt with KDRT!
Petition FOX and score The Adventures of Ford Fairlane on DVD!
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/001933.html

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I watched it. That dog was scarry. Bite your head off... literally.
There was a surprise ending? I must have missed it, seemed like typical L&O to me.
------------------

ChristopherS

Second Unit
I can not really explain why, but to me the season's premier was a bit of a disappointment. It seemed to be the same old stuff, except now killer dogs have been introduced. I hope the writers are not running out of story lines as I have always enjoyed this show.
I am not sure what is meant about the "shocking ending". Is this not how every Law & Order show has ended?
Chris

Melencio Paras Jr.

Auditioning
I nodded off during the final 10 minutes of the show. Could someone please tell me how it ended. Maybe add some spoiler screens for the sake of those who don't want to see it. Thanks.
------------------

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
ChristopherS: This episode was loosely based on a real event that happened in San Francisco not too long ago. Because of "America's New War" the story (like the Gary Condit story, Anne Heche, and the "Summer of the Shark") has dropped off our news radar.
------------------
These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

Adrian_N

Agent
Melencio Paras, Jr., read below:
Spoiler:A women was mauled and killed in a public park by a dog trained to be extremely aggresive and dangerous. The police eventually track the ownership of the dog to a lawyer and CPA. The trial centered around the fact that the couple did not know the dog was dangerous and were therefore not responsible for the park women's death. Eventually, the lawyer gets on the stand in her defense and explains how nice the dog was. In the prosecution's examination, he brought the dog into the court room. The defendants were both freaked out. Why they were freaked out was left to the jury. I guess this was supposed to be the "surprising ending". It was pretty shocking, but a fitting ending.
Now for the new ADA, I wasn't impressed. My wife and I only recently started watching L&O (on A&E) and this was pretty much our first new episode, so I don't know very much background. I think it will be a while before she grows into her part. I don't know why, but her phone conversations (there were several) just seemed fake to me.
I'm looking forward to my first new season of L&O though (along with Enterprise :)).

AndrewD

Stunt Coordinator
Liked the 'Law' part, disappointed in the 'Order.'
The new ADA didn't make a good impression with me. Up against McCoy, she seemed like she was in over her head acting-wise. I still haven't been able to handle Wiest as the big cheese, or her crazy asian-influenced wardrobe. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool fan so I'll keep watching no matter what.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Liked the 'Law' part, disappointed in the 'Order.'
The show format is actually more Order&Law -- from your comment, sounds like you didn't like the 2nd half.
Wiest is definitely no Steven Hill. It seems like every other episode, he would have a good zinger or facial expression. So far, Wiest has done zilch. (Not as bad as "negative bupkis" though :) )
Interesting that they did not introduce the new ADA, as they have with the dozens of new cast members in the past. Did they shuffle the order of the episodes?
I believe it's realistic that they win most of their cases. DAs do not try cases if they don't think they will win. On L&O they usually lose if there's some message or dramatic value in it, like that one a few seasons ago with the militia group that robbed the armored car. Otherwise, the show is simply more satisfying (and therefore more popular) when the bad guys are put away.
As for "surprising" or "shocking", I try to ignore all promo hype. Those promos have the same mentality as movie trailers that show everything: try to entice those who are undecided, never mind that they look annoyingly silly to those that were going to watch anyway.
//Ken

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Ken, I think you are correct about it not being the first episode. I had heard that they had a five part show coming up with the other 2 L&O shows, but it was about terrorists, so maybe they canned it.
Glenn

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
quote: I had heard that they had a five part show coming up with the other 2 L&O shows, but it was about terrorists, so maybe they canned it.[/quote]
True; the miniseries has been cancelled. Whether or not it will be revisited sometime in the future in unknown. A shame, because it sounded like a killer concept, and I would've loved to have seen all the different cast members interacting.
About the new episode: it was pretty good...standard run-of-the-mill L&O. And about the new ADA: she has only been on for one episode. Cut her some slack! :)
Regarding the "shocking ending": every promo for L&O says whatever upcoming episode will have a "shocking," "chilling," "haunting" or "unforgettable" ending...this is just standard practice for the producers.
wink.gif

------------------
Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)
[Edited last by Kevin Leonard on September 27, 2001 at 09:07 PM]

Rollie

Stunt Coordinator
I thought it was a pretty good episode. The "surprise ending" was somewhat shocking, but when you look at McCoy's tactics in the past, it isn't that shocking.
wink.gif

I'm reserving judgement on the new ADA, but she seems more like the girl next door type than a fierce ADA.
Law & Order has come a long way since the days of Irish cops running the show. I like the diversity now, but I think McCoy is a bit overrun by women in the DA office. I think either the DA or the police chief should be a man. Adam constantly feuded with the cops. The new DA seems to have a lot less to do than he did. Maybe I just miss his "Who the hell is running the police" lines.
------------------
Hit pay-dirt with KDRT!
Petition FOX and score The Adventures of Ford Fairlane on DVD!
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/001933.html
[Edited last by Rollie on September 27, 2001 at 11:16 PM]

Don Black

Screenwriter
I don't get what was so shocking about the ending... Seriously. Can someone explain it to me? Thanks!

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
McCoy is a bit overrun by women
And most of 'em pretty good-looking. Lucky bastard.
I believe the courtroom theatrics of bringing in the dog are supposed to qualify as the shocking ending. But as Kevin and I mentioned, they always mention the "twist", even if it really isn't one. Just every other episode of ER is hyped as "as good as it's ever been" or some silly thing like that.
//Ken

Melencio Paras Jr.

Auditioning
Adrian_N, Thanks for the recap. I'll make sure to catch it on the reruns.
Anyone have any thoughts on the latest L&O spinoff, Criminal Intent?
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks