What's new

Has anyone installed/or used a gaming system in a car? (1 Viewer)

JohnTKline

Stunt Coordinator
I plan on going to New Orleans for Christmas and was considering bringing my ps2 for the ride. Has anyone set this up? Can you recommend a good power inverter, lcd screen or what you use?
I may luck out and get the Sienna van at work to rent which has the a/v system in it which I could plug into the rca jacks and run the ps2 through the lighter...

John

Steve_D

Second Unit
I'd like to know what others do as well. I saw Sam's has a 400 watt power inverter for like $40 which would be handy for several reasons, and there is a speaker and LCD screen attachment to the PS2 I saw for $150 @ Toys R Us but probably cheaper online, so I was thinking maybe that, or get an LCD installed in the backseat roof of the SUV and hook it up there.
Here it is:
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/egamesy2k/56inlcdmobmo.html
and includes the AC adapter :)

Rusty Ray

Second Unit
I have the 5.0 monitor for the gamecube that hooks up through the cig adaptor and powers both the system and the screen, the 5.0 has inputs for any other device, so i was thining of getting some sort of invertor for the xbox to hook it up, but the only ones i have seen were like 50 bucks...

i tried the 5.4 monitor and even though it was a bit bigger the quality wasnt all that great and i dont remember if you were able to connect other things to it as well..

Joey_R

Stunt Coordinator
I bought one of those 400 watt Sam’s Club inverters (“Power-On-Board” brand). I use that in conjunction with a cheapo 13” TV/VCR combo and my Xbox. We have used this setup on several road trips without any problems. My kids love Cel Damage at 70 miles per hour!

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I got my genesis to work in the car without an inverter :)
It takes like 9v DC, i took my old discman Car adaptor and plugged it into the genesis works fine :p)

Bill Gato

Stunt Coordinator
I, too, would love to play my Gamecube on the road in my SUV. I was wondering if anyone knew of a third-party power adapter which could hook directly into the cigarette lighter.

That might save me the step of having to buy an inverter and then hook up the regular power cord through it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Rodrick

Second Unit
I live near Metrotown in Burnaby, and last summer our family reunion in Florida, we drove all 5 of us cousins, had a Sega Nomad, set up to a tv. Thru the cigarette lighter. From Burnaby to outside Kissimmee Fla in an RV was fun.

We found some old genesis games at A&B Sound it was so cool to see my Nomad set up on a tv. Earthworm Jim. Boogerman, MichaelJackson, NHL 92,93 Soccer, Altered Beast and Wheel of Fortune were fun.
With the cheap cost and GST and PST around $60 Canadian was a far cry and we didn't even try setting up my cousins Gamecube.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks