What's new

Has anybody else named their children after thei wife's maiden name a la Clar Kent? (1 Viewer)

PatrickM

Screenwriter
After finding out that my wife was pregnant our immediate first choice for a boys name was my wife's maiden name, Turner, which sounded great to us and the fact that it was similar to how Superman got his name, Clark Kent, didn't hurt either. :)
We have a friend who named their son Mitchell after the mother's maiden name as well. I was wondering if anyone else has done this.
Patrick

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Don't have any children yet, but if we have a boy, my wife wants to name him Oliver, which was her maiden name. I think it's a pretty cool thing to do, a little obscure hint to the past.

/Mike

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
My middle name is my mom's maiden name. "Patrick" would have also worked as my first name. My wife's maiden name is not pretty - I would never subject my unborn child to that kind of mistreatment.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Both of our children have my wife's maiden name as their middle name. Using it as a first name, "Mullis", was not an option.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
My take, if the name makes a good first name go for it. If not and you like the idea make it the kids middle name.

Little off topic, but just don't do the "-" using both last names. The people who do appearantly don't understand geometric growth :p)

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
Yep, that is how i got the first name of Jefferson.
Yes, it is my first name....i know jeffreys and geoffreys, but i am one of the few jeffersons i know.

PatrickM

Screenwriter
No, I did not name my son "Sweet". I didn't want him to be beaten up daily.
Now that's the definition of a parent who really cares about his children. :D
Some names definitely do not work and would probably scar the kid for life. But, when it fits it does add that bit of your ancestry to your name and it usually makes it a little bit unique.
Patrick

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
My daughter's first name is Elise after Jane Seymour's character, Elise McKenna from the movie Somewhere in time. Her middle name is Christine which is the middle name of her grandmother on my wife's side.
Peace Out~:D

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
My son's name is James Harrison, after
James T. Kirk and
Harrison Ford
neither of whom is related to my wife.:D

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
On a strange, yet relative point....
My name, obviously, is Scott Bourden.
My mothers maiden name was Scott. My grandfather was always known by the nickname "Scotty" among his friends, so my mother decided "Scott" was a good name for me.
When I was 16 (4 years ago) my parents got divorced... I moved in with my mother. None the less, there was Scott Bourden, and Ms. Scott.... When she changed some legal records and the like, some things got messed up, and for a few companies / groups, I was Scott Scott.
And don't even try to sort out family appointments... Scott and Scott... Umm, is your first name Bourden?
So, either way, all my friends just call me Bordo, it's easier to keep things straight that way ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks