What's new

Harman Kardon receiver losing settings? (1 Viewer)

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
Hey everyone,

Our AVR120 in the living room is losing settings every now and then. Before it was linked to the power going out, but it just happened yesterday and as far as I know there was no power outage. Most of our clocks are still working...

It's plugged into a cheapo belkin power strip, though. I have my denon receiver plugged into a monster HT2K powerstrip (that I got for $80), and it hasn't done anything like the AVR. The AVR will lose all of its coax/optical digital assignments, and more importantly channel level volumes for every surround type (so I have to redo them with an SPL meter).

Is this a problem with the HK AVR, or should I try a better power strip?

Thanks,
ELmO

Baldemar Garcia

Stunt Coordinator
If you're sure you haven't lost power, then it's a faulty receiver. If you still suspect the power strip, plug the HK directly into the wall and see what happens. In the past, I've had instances where my receivers lose their settings during power outages, but only when plugged into surge protectors.

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
Thanks, it happened liek 3 or 4 times this year when the power went out. I don't think we had a powe routage yesterday though, so I wonder if the receiver is now faulty...not sure what to do actaully, would spend another $500 for a new denon or something (somethign cheap), but don't wnat it getting faulty again due to something I'm not seeing.

I'll try the direct power trick.

-ELmO

Gabriela Mendez

Stunt Coordinator
This is a standard of HK receivers. Sometimes the settings just go away when you leave the receiver unplugged for a while or it suddenly loses power. This in reference to my DPR1001 which I've had for over a year. Guess you learn to live with this...

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
I guess it's time for a Denon, anyone want an AVR120 for $100? :b

I'm using a denon 2905 in my room (loaner until I get a pre processor amp), but I love the unit. Only problem is I only know of crutchfield to get a denon, nothing like onecall to get the price real low..

-ELmO

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks