What's new

Happy! (Syfy) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member

Anybody else check this out tonight?

Christopher Meloni stars as Nick Sax. Formerly the NYPD's most prominent Special Victims Unit detective, Sax was disgraced and dismissed from the force and now scrapes the bottom of the barrel as a nigh-indestructible hitman and raging alcoholic. His life takes a turn as he's dying in an ambulance, as an abducted little girl's imaginary friend Happy recruits him to rescue her.

One of the most gleefully violent shows I've ever seen. And it gets a lot of mileage out of the fact that Sax is basically an Elliot Stabler whose life went very, very wrong after leaving "Law & Order".

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I meant to set the DVR to record this but completely forgot. I'll see if Syfy is repeating it during the next week before the second episode, or I'll try On Demand if all else fails.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I remembered to set up a recording for it last night. I'm going to wait to watch it when I've got some time off.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
It's rerunning tonight at 11, so I'll record it then.

I did the same thing and watched this yesterday. Really subversive and unusually bloody as well as being eminently watchable. I am in for a few more episodes. If it can maintain the energy and plotting as well as the animation, this could be a nice surprise or a nice "guilty pleasure".

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Believe me, I'm no prude, but the language and violence turned me off within fifteen minutes. No more for me.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I swear, I don’’t understand myself. I don’t watch The Walking Death because it’s too violent (and I don’t dig all the regulars getting killed off), but I’m going to try this. Something about Meloni is appealing to me.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’m interested based on the little bit I’ve read about it. But I’m putting off even recording it until I clear out my backlog. If it’s successful, hopefully it will rerun or be streaming next year.

John Lee_275604

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Lee
Believe me, I'm no prude, but the language and violence turned me off within fifteen minutes. No more for me.

Looking for a silver lining, maybe Meloni's little dream dance imagery in the opening scene will manage to kill off dabbing for once and for all.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
That opening dance number was amazing.

Goes from ....
a guy blowing his head off and falling backwards, flailing his arms morphs into him dancing to a wild disco track with the disco dancers around him.

Plus the woman cop called him disco so that might be a thing for him.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Finally had time to watch this yesterday.

That opening dream sequence dance TOTALLY put this show into perspective for me. As Adam said in the first post, this show is 'gleefully violent'. To be honest I was pretty shocked after that opening sequence, maybe more so by the fact this was on SyFy but by the end of the episode I was hooked. I really hope this does well but I just don't see how they can keep it up.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Episode 2 - What Smiles Are For

Very interesting second episode. Nice to see the budding partnership being developed during the poker game. Still enjoying this very odd show.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I'm down with this show, Meloni is a very underrated actor, and the plot and imagery is just crazy enough to appeal to my eclectic side.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I'm down with this show, Meloni is a very underrated actor, and the plot and imagery is just crazy enough to appeal to my eclectic side.
I think if I had just read a brief synopsis of the series idea, I would have dismissed it out of hand. I had already watched a partial first episode of the Jenna Elfman series with an imaginary friend and it stank, hence partial episode. And I like Jenna.

Crazy is the correct word, this series is crazy and I like it.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Finally caught up, and Wednesday's episode had probably the most shocking scene I've ever seen on basic cable.

They continually have the most shocking scene I've ever seen on basic cable. This show just amazes me each week. I think I finally figured out the scene (the "discipline" scene)? I'm not sure shocking is the correct word for that indescribable segment. I thought the censors were going to storm my living room for watching that :D .

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The scene where Smoothie revealed the reason everybody calls him Smoothie, in which he proceeded to strap on a giant black dildo and anally rape Christopher Meloni until being shot to death, which resulted in said dildo breaking off in Meloni's asshole.

^ I'm appalled just typing that.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks