What's new

Hanging Speakers (1 Viewer)

Darell_Land

Auditioning
Have a Question , This weekend I mounted My Rear Speakers on wall mounts and like the look I was wondering If its okay to to do the Same with the main Speakers in the Front.

They are Bookshelf model, but wondering since a lot(All) of the sound comes from the front if this would ruin the sound because of them being close to wall like that. Any input would be a lot of help thanks

Jeffrey_Jones

Second Unit
Hello,

I'm assuming that your front speakers are either sealed or front ported? If they are ported in the rear then a wall mounting is out of the question.

How badly do you want to wall mount? This is not an ideal configuration for a speaker. It's usually recommended that you allow several feet around a speaker on the side and in the back to prevent any obstacle from coloring the sound. Mounting your front speakers will most likely change the way they sound and this is something that you will have to experiment with and see if you like or can live with.

Thanks,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks