What's new

Halloween - trivia question (1 Viewer)

Scott Wott

Auditioning
I just finished watching Halloween (Resurrection) tonight and it left me thinking. At what point in the Halloween series did Laurie Strode become Michael Myers sister?
In the original, it began with Michael (as a child) killing his sister and being sent away to a Mental Hospital.
Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis) was just a Baby-sitter who lived on the same block as the Myers house.
It has been a while since I've seen the original. Am I forgetting something?
Please refresh my memory.

Scott

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Scott,
the brother/sister storyline didn't come up until Halloween 2, and it was pulled out of a hat of ideas just to keep it interesting. John Carpenter never wrote them as brother and sister in the original film, it was made up in a hurry for part 2.
Just for the record, Halloween Resurrection was an absolute travesty to the series IMO. I love the opening sequence and the fact that they took the time to recreate the Myers house from the original, but overall it was a prime example of everything that is wrong with horror films today.

D

DAN NEIR

Pretty much what he said also while filming Halloween 2 they shot additional footage for the tv version of Halloween and added a scene in which Dr. Loomis goes to Michael's room in the hospital and sees the word sister scratched into the door. Loomis is then suppose to get the idea as to where Michael is going.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yep. I actually intended to say that but it slipped my mind as I was typing. :b:

The running time of the original was too short for the tv time slot so while the cast was all together for the sequel, Carpenter filmed more scenes to act as "time filler" to be inserted into the tv version.

Scott Wott

Auditioning
Thanks guys. After reading your replies, it all came back to me. It has been a very long time since I've seen Halloween II.
John, I found the movie to be entertaining, but could have done without the Award winning acting of Busta Rhymes ;)
Thanks again,
Scott

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Isn't she also his adopted sister? Not a blood relative.

It's been a while since I've seen some of the sequels but I know the original very well.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
She's his blood related sister. After he was put away for killing Judith, the Myers' had her and put her up for adoption to protect her from Michael. She was subsequently adopted by the Strodes. Again, all made up for the sequel.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Philip,
I just reviewed the conversation in HII between Dr. Loomis and the nurse and your right, the Myers' raised her until their deaths of unknown causes (didn't specify that it was a car accident only that they were "killed", so a car accident is reasonable to assume) and THEN she was adopted by the Strodes. It was the Strodes that ordered all records sealed to protect the family and to protect Laurie from her brother.

I am positive that i've heard or read what I said originally somewhere, but I can't argue with the film itself. Good call.

Tim Ke

Stunt Coordinator
Saw this with a friend about a week ago, we were the only ones in a huge 300-seat cinema! I think they weren't even intending on starting the movie (we had to wait about 30 mins for it to start, and there were no ads either!)...

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I think it was Jamie Lloyd's parents (Laurie Strode and her father, I suppose) that were apparently killed in the car crash specifically.

It could be in both movies in which case, the Myers clan has a history of bad drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks