What's new

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
Scream queen Jamie Lee Curtis returns to her most famous role as Laurie Strode in the 10th sequel to Halloween(1978), which succeeds in its effort to create retroactive continuity ignoring the other 9 sequels.

Disc Information

Studio:
Distributed By:
Video Resolution:

Aspect Ratio:
Audio:

Subtitles:
Rating:

Run Time:
Package Includes:

Case Type:

Disc Type:
Region:

Release Date:
MSRP:

The Production:

Video:
3D Rating:

Audio:

Special Features:

Overall:

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Nice review although your actual review seems to indicate that you liked the film more than the rating (3.5/5) you gave it.

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
Nice review although your actual review seems to indicate that you liked the film more than the rating (3.5/5) you gave it.

You make a very good point. I struggled with the numerical rating, which is obviously subjective. I selected the numerical rating that I did in consideration of the typical viewer. If you like horror movies with gore, you might rate this a 5 out of 5. If scary movies are not your thing, you might rate it a 1 out of 5. I like slasher movies if they are made well (most of them are not in my opinion) but I consider this one to be well made. At the same time, I predict it will not be in the running for Academy Award for best picture, so I consider that when assigning a grade. My rating for the film itself would have been higher than 3.5 if I went entirely by my own subjective scale, but probably lower than 3.5 if I were judging it on artistic merit.

Of those who have already seen the film, what grade would you assign on a scale of 1 to 5?

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
A question re: the deleted scenes. The ending of this was entirely reshot, is the original ending included among the deleted scenes? I read a description of the original ending which didn't go over well with a test audience, and it sounded very interesting.

Vincent

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
A question re: the deleted scenes. The ending of this was entirely reshot, is the original ending included among the deleted scenes? I read a description of the original ending which didn't go over well with a test audience, and it sounded very interesting.

Unless it's in there are I completely forgot it, no alternate ending on the disc...

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn

Vincent

The original ending done before reshoots is not included among the deleted scenes in this edition.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I'd give it a 4. I really enjoyed it, overall, and felt that it is the best sequel that has been produced in the franchise. I did feel like it dragged a bit from time-to-time and could have used some more tightening. I also felt like the final section of the film felt a bit too much like a "Hollywood" climax and not in keeping with the tone of the rest of the film. Now that I know it was reshot, that makes more sense to me.

It isn't a classic, but it was a worthy sequel, unlike some other far-removed sequels/reboots I've seen.

DalekFlay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dane M.
I really liked the visuals, acting and such. The plot just turned me off a LOT though.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Watched this the other night...bottom line, an awful film. Bad acting, absolutely horrible and ridiculous writing, annoying characters seemingly designed to make you root for Michael Myers. Directed apparently by a guy that seemed to have no idea what a horror film is. The story seemed to have been dreamed up by a confused 5 year old.

Poor Will Patton looked like he did not want to be there the entire time and gets to deliver some truly idiotic dialogue that makes you wonder if it was meant to be funny. I had a hard time making it through this picture it was so lousy.

However, one thing did stand out...the score, apparently done by Carpenter and his son, was outstanding. If only it was in service of a better film.

My advice, avoid this one like the plague. Of course, it did well so this stinker is getting a sequel...which thankfully I know not to watch now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks