What's new

Had some trouble on the most recent live chat back on Monday... (1 Viewer)

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
I had the pleasure to be part of the live chat with John Badham back on Monday and although I learned a lot of good things during that hour, I had one small problem. For some reason, I couldn't ask a question. I tried twice during the hour to do it, but everytime I typed "Yo", I got some error telling me that the moderator couldn't receive it on some channel or something like that. Could somebody please tell me if I need some sord of special connection to ask questions or do I need to move faster? I need someone to reply as fast as possible.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Nicholas:

The chat is moderated. If you try to type in "YO" except for the time that Ron sets aside for you to type in "YO" you will not be able to type anything and you will get that message. You have to be given "voice" by one of us in a moderated chat. Now if you were getting an error whenever you typed "YO" when Ron asked you to then something was going on with your connection.

What were using to access the chat with? The webside or a separate program using IRC?

Parker

Michael*K

Screenwriter
At least you got in. I never did. No I didn't use an IRC program, but I tried four separate browsers and none of them got me in. Perhaps that's why so few people showed up for it. :frowning:

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Michael:

The webside was working ok as I checked it out before the chat. What browser did you use? It really is best to download a program like mIRC or Perch to use the chat with. It works a lot better than the javascript but the javascript was working so you should have been able to get in just fine.

Parker

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
Parker,

To be perfectly honest, I don't remember what I was using when I was on the chat, but it was either mIRC or javascript, but something tells me that I was using javascript, although I don't remember for sure. All I know is that when Ron said you can ask questions, I typed "yo" and clicked "say" and a few seconds later was when I got the error message. I'm planning on being a part of the chat with Peter Staddon on Monday, and if the same thing happens, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the chat. I think what I need to do is speed up because I don't think I was moving fast enough. I'll just wait and see. By the way, thank you for helping me out.

--Nicholas Vargo

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Nicholas:

I would definitely use IRC instead of the javascript for the chats. Things tend to run a lot smoother with this set up than through the javascript.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks