What's new

Hack garage band inside... (1 Viewer)

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Tired of production values and "musicianship"? Here's a quite crude recording (ripped from a mono VHS tape)of the last band I was in playing a few (!) moons ago at Rutgers University in Newark, NJ.
I'm on lead guitar (Gibson SG/Marshall half-stack) and "vocals". I kinda like the solo on this one, I think it was mostly off-the-cuff. I loved Creedence covers.
Rock 'n roll may never die, but it came pretty close this night...

I have a few more songs if you just can't get enough. ;)

(Is there anything I can do to clean this up a bit?)

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jgilve...tunate_son.mp3

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jagan Seshadri

Supporting Actor
You have a far better screaming voice than most, Jack! Too bad it's a buried in the 'mix' ;)

Nice work on the solo. Some very good pull-offs and whammy bar action :emoji_thumbsup:

-JNS

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the comments, Jagan. It was a fun show...drunk college students can be an appreciative crowd. :)

Nice work on the solo. Some very good pull-offs and whammy bar action
Thanks. No whammy bar, though, just a mostly-stock SG. I even had the bar on my strat blocked. I have strong fingers. :D

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Alrighty, based on the amount of e-mail I've gotten (umm...none) you want more. Here's a page my bud put together with some more songs from that show.

http://www.stubble.org/inst.html

That's me behind the SG. No, I'm nowhere near that fat anymore. Drunk with no monitors operational, gotta love it.

And you thought Primus sucked.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks