What's new

3D Gun Fury 3D Blu-ray cover (1 Viewer)

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I'd be watching "Gun Fury" right now if the postman had mastered the intricacies of ringing a doorbell instead of pushing a "could not deliver card" through my letterbox and then running away. B*****d.:angry::angry::angry:

phillyrobt

Second Unit
Real Name
Robt C
Must be Viz's Postman Plod...same over here in the US..as long as someone "appears" to be home they leave a package on the porch no ring or knock Tat's how I lost my original Gog

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Must be Viz's Postman Plod...same over here in the US..as long as someone "appears" to be home they leave a package on the porch no ring or knock Tat's how I lost my original Gog

I might be doing Parcelforce an injustice as I may have been fast asleep when they tried to deliver it.

Having now retrieved and watched "Gun Fury", I rather enjoyed it.
Behind the camera It has a distinguished pedigree: Raoul Walsh, Irving Wallace and Roy Huggins plus some very familiar faces on screen, Neville Brand, Lee Marvin and co.
Given the eye-catching locations it's a shame Walsh opted to shoot so many scenes in murky twilight or day for night but when you can see what's going on the 3D photography is excellent.
The POV shots from the top of the stagecoach are memorable but even top-notch stereoscopy can't give Rock Hudson much depth; the rubber rattlesnake is more convincing.
Nice to see a 3D movie filling the 16:9 frame for a change too.
More Westerns please.:):3dglasses:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I finally got a chance to watch mine.

I didn't really have any sync issues. What I noticed was that a nighttime scene which takes place around the 45 minute mark appeared slightly out of sync, but it seems possible that perhaps that scene was post-dubbed, so perhaps it never matched. But in any of the daytime or well-lit scenes, I didn't have any issue with sync.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I finally got a chance to watch mine.

I didn't really have any sync issues. What I noticed was that a nighttime scene which takes place around the 45 minute mark appeared slightly out of sync, but it seems possible that perhaps that scene was post-dubbed, so perhaps it never matched. But in any of the daytime or well-lit scenes, I didn't have any issue with sync.

There are are a few scenes where the dialogue doesn't quite match what's actually being said on set but it looks more like poor dubbing during production than a technical glitch.

I didn't realise until I read the disc insert that Raoul Walsh was another director who couldn't see 3D.
Maybe that's the problem with modern 3D movies?:blink::3dglasses:

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
John Ford & Nicholas Ray were also one-eyed directors, but they didn't make any 3D movies. Well, John Ford directed the Indian attack at the end of HONDO to sub for John Farrow, who had a prior commitment, so I guess you could say there's 2 and 1/10 3D films by one-eyed directors..

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
John Ford & Nicholas Ray were also one-eyed directors, but they didn't make any 3D movies. Well, John Ford directed the Indian attack at the end of HONDO to sub for John Farrow, who had a prior commitment, so I guess you could say there's 2 and 1/10 3D films by one-eyed directors..

I'm starting to see a pattern here . . . .:)

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
Ste do we have the same postman by chance? Mine put a card through saying it had been left with a neighbour but no door number on it. We spent a happy half hour knocking doors to retrieve it but really do enjoy the movie GUN FURY 3D.

R Walsh.jpg

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Ste do we have the same postman by chance? Mine put a card through saying it had been left with a neighbour but no door number on it. We spent a happy half hour knocking doors to retrieve it but really do enjoy the movie GUN FURY 3D.

View attachment 41058

Could be. Drivers from Yodel and Hermes are even worse. Allegedly they just throw the package in the nearest bin if they can't deliver it or, in my case, try and break the front door down.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks