What's new

Grex connection and setup help (1 Viewer)

sauza311

Auditioning
Real Name
Wayne
Hello,
I need help connecting/setting up my new Grex connection that I received yesterday.
Here are my components:
Comcast Motorola DVR Box
LG Super Multi DVD Recorder (DR787T)
Samsung 42 inch Plasma TV
Sony receiver and surround sound speakers

I'm having problems trying to connect my Grex. I know my DVD recorder and cable box are compatible with it. I'm trying to figure out how to configure my system properly. I originally went with an S-video connection from the Comcast DVR box to the Grex to my DVD Recorder. It still wasn't working properly, and that's when I figured out that I don't think my particular DVD recorder has S-Video In, only S-Video Out. Correct me if I'm wrong here. So I guess I'm going to have to use component cables to connect everything. This means I'm going to have to rewire my home theater setup (I think?). My question is What would be the best way to hook everything up? My problem lies in that making sure that I have some sort of connection to my receiver. Should I connect directly from the DVR box, through Grex, into my DVD recorder and then connect to the receiver and finally into the TV? Or do I need a separate connection from the DVR box to the receiver and one to the DVD recorder? I guess the layout configuration is what's giving me the most problems.
Any help you guys could provide would be wonderful. If you need any more information please let me know.

Thanks

Bluzman

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David
A check on your DVDR and the Grex makes me wonder why you're talking about component cables. Don't you mean composite cables? Also, it would help to know the model numbers of the Sony receiver and Motorola box if one is going to suggest the best connection scheme.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks