What's new

Greta Garbo & Jean Harlow DVDs from Warners soon? (1 Viewer)

ReggieW

Screenwriter
I am a little dismayed that we only have ONE title from each of these legends available on Dvd. Any word of any future releases? How about collections for each one?

Reg

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
they've said elsewhere that Garbo is going to be one of the stars focused on in '05- just like this yr we are getting Judy Garland in April, and Errol Flynn (and Cagney, iirc) in the fall.

don't know if Harlow is on tap for '05 or not though

Derek_McL

Second Unit
I believe Libeled Lady which features Harlow was on that Warner survey list so I think we can expect that in the next year or so. Columbia has released Frank Capra's Platinum Blonde with Harlow but unfortunately its not available outside region 1 and that disc has RCE !

As for Garbo I expect more of her films will be released next year as its her 100th birthday. Hopefully there are also plans for her silents and we hear more details at the forthcoming chat.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
actually i asked about Libeled Lady and Queen Christina in the last chat.
they said LL is due out sometime this year.
they said there were no plans for QC, but i think it would be a pretty good bet when they get around to Garbo next year (at least i hope!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks