What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Green Acres? - Not a bang but a whimper (1 Viewer)

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
JoeDoakes said:
Richard L. Bare originated the Joe McDoakes shorts for Warner, directed several Twilight Zone episodes (including the classic "To Serve Man") and is currently 99 years old (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0054374/). WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
Richard Bare attended the Cinecon 48 convention in Hollywood along with Phyllis Coates, his wife of seven months many, many decades ago and Alice MacDoakes in several of the shorts. They were there to reminisce about making the Joe MacDoakes comedies. Mr. Bare looked robust and hearty and one would guess him to be maybe 80 or so. He briefly touched on Green Acres and mentioned that a musical version for Broadway is in the works for which he is writing material. When asked how they will get Arnold the Pig to perform live, he laughed and said, "I have no idea. I'm not directing it!"

Kneeteartap

Auditioning
Real Name
Pepperwinkle P.H.D.
Rob_Ray said:
Richard Bare attended the Cinecon 48 convention in Hollywood ..... He briefly touched on Green Acres and mentioned that a musical version for Broadway is in the works for which he is writing material.
This may explain why MGM refused to license it to Shout Factory. They'll wait for the musical , or a big screen version , to happen and release the remaining seasons themselves.

oldtvfan

Auditioning
Real Name
ed
Kneeteartap said:
This may explain why MGM refused to license it to Shout Factory. They'll wait for the musical , or a big screen version , to happen and release the remaining seasons themselves.
I dount it, since Return to Green Acres is now on dvd now - If the do - RE-RELEASE the 1st 2 seasons on single sided dvd's flipper discs SUX

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
oldtvfan said:
I dount it, since Return to Green Acres is now on dvd now - If the do - RE-RELEASE the 1st 2 seasons on single sided dvd's flipper discs SUX
Shoved into Wal-Mart 5 dollar bins with no fanfare or announcement whatsoever.
That's not really a major release. Plus, most people hated the movie.

oldtvfan

Auditioning
Real Name
ed
rmw650 said:
This guy needs to learn how to spell. The reunion movie wasn't that bad and just became available on DVD along with the Return of the Beverly Hillbillies on MOD.
-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trackername123
Recent bookmarks