What's new

Green Acres, Lost In Space ??? (1 Viewer)

Chas_Michael

Second Unit
Are there any definite release dates for The Green Acres and Lost In Space Box Sets? I am heavily anticipating these!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Giving credit (or blame if it doesn't pan out) where it is due, I posted the Green Acres date here at HTF based on a post at the DVDFile discussion forum by a dude calling himself "evilpez4". His dates for Outer Limits S2 and Stargate SG-1 S4 turned out to be 100% true, so I'm trusting his 11/4 date for both Green Acres S1 and Mr. Ed S1.

As for Lost In Space S1, The Bits credited a guy named "Gord L." for the info...that would be Gord Lacey of TVShowsOnDVD.com who got the info from one of his site users that Amazon had listed that and a list of other future Fox TV-on-DVD releases. Since Gord was busy, I passed it on to HTF for him. Soon other e-tailers like DVDSoon (Canadian site) and DVDEmpire listed the same dates for the same items, including LiS. The problem is this: when Gord asked Fox for more detail, they agreed that the list of titles was all coming (and soon posted information to that effect to their retailer info network). But they stated that none of the dates were confirmed, and now the e-tailers in question have removed many of the dates. All three have removed Lost In Space's date. So there's no telling when it will actually be released.

Moral of the story: Trust the date for Green Acres, but be skeptical of the date for Lost In Space.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
All I can tell you about Lost In Space
is that I was personally told by Peter Staddon
that it was coming next year.

It was supposed to be out this year, but it ran
into some small rights issues.

I just hope the set sells well enough that we
get all three seasons released.

I am also very excited about Green Acres.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Ron...I sure didn't mean to make it sound like LiS wasn't going to come. Just that the date named before is in question. We'll get it.

Maybe Peter's told you if we can still expect Time Tunnel around the same time LiS hits? I would enjoy that one, too.

Chas_Michael

Second Unit
Let's hope they don't bump the Lost In Space Box back. I'm counting the day's for this and Green Acres! At least the Outer Limits Vol 2 is set in stone!

CharlesD

Screenwriter
HEre is what DVDEmpire told me about Lost In Space:

Twentieth Century Fox has asked to take the title "LOST IN SPACE:SEASON 1" down off our site until an official announcement is sent out. We have agreed to do so, but your order will not be affected. The title will remain in your shopping cart and it will still street on the date
provided. We do apologize for this and the titles will be re-announced within a few weeks

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I really hope that the info about Green Acres coming to DVD this year becomes reality because Green Acres is near the top of my TV on DVD wantlist. I also hope that the rumor about Mr. Ed coming to DVD becomes reality also.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks