What's new

Great inexpensive switching power strip. (1 Viewer)

Aaron Gilbert

Second Unit
I just received an installed a new power strip on my system. I have three separate amplifiers, none of which can be triggered by my receiver's 12V output, and so for a long time, I've had to manually shut them on an off. Leaving them on all the time was an option and didn't present any audio glitches, but it seems wasteful to me, even if it's only a few watts. The new power strip/surge suppressor I got features a control outlet, six outlets which are switched on an off in conjuction with the device on the control outlet, and three always on outlets. The version I got, LCG4, features adjustable sensitivity for the control outlet, but my Kenwood VR-5090 activates the switched outlets without any adjustment required. No more getting up to turn amps on and off, and it only cost $35. The layout of the strip is great also, accepting four giant AC adapters if need be. I can't believe how hard it's been to find a power strip/center that would perform this simple switching function without costing several hundred dollars. I guess I am the only one who has amplifiers without a 12V trigger?? Anyhow, hopefully someone else can find this of use!

http://www.bitsltd.net/SmartStrip/index.htm

Aaron Gilbert

Aaron Gilbert

Second Unit
Whoops, I guess there have already been a couple posts on this unit, though about a year old. Now I wonder why I didn't search this forum for my answer in the first place!

Aaron Gilbert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks