What's new

Great feature-length Making-of documentaries & bio-documentaries (1 Viewer)

ChrisOC

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Peterson
Problem: the DVD (only) release is not even anamorphic. This is a film about images...but this presentation gives us many beautful ones looking as small and lifeless as possible. Needs a Blu-ray!

I agree about an anamorphic Blu-ray, but I'm not holding my breath. This film was released in 1992, before anamorphic presentations, and while the interviews are framed at 16x9 and some of the flip clips are 16x9 or wider, a lot of the clips are necessarily 4x3. So the entire film would need to be taken apart to enhance the widescreen clips and add black side bars to the 4x3 clips. That's time and money for what would probably be limited Blu-ray or digital sales. And that's not even accounting for the rights to the film clips, which would probably need to be renewed.

I disagree about "small and lifeless," though, as a good shot is a good shot in any size. However, there's a nice alternative in Keepers of the Magic from 2016, which is on Blu-ray and digital, and is streaming for free on Kanopy if your local library supports the service.

Allansfirebird

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sean
My go-to recommendations are always anything directed by Charles de Lauzirika, especially his Ridley Scott documentaries.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks