What's new

Gotta love the HTF Fantasy Football! (1 Viewer)

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
Well, after drafting what I was sure was the worst team in our league, I've actually goofed my way into winning my very tough division. Which of course means that I'll get my ass handed to me by whoever has to claw their way into the playoffs. But still, a very fun season, and I'm already looking forward to FFL 2k2. Good luck to all, except Hell Toupee, who I hope I don't have to face. Ever.
:)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Well, Jedi Knights now officially have the opportunity to defend their title.

My RBs struggled early but Duce and Hearst are clicking down the stretch.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Sadly I tired of trying to deal with Sportsline's user-unfriendly system and quit setting a lineup midway through the season. Sorry guys.
But I did make the playoffs in the money league I'm in, so I won where it counts. :)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Well, after drafting what I was sure was the worst team in our league, I've actually goofed my way into winning my very tough division.
Have to agree. I had a middling to poor draft, my one solid RB got injured, and I've got a bunch of ragtag misfits scoring a handful of points each week.
Scarily, it's been enough to win my division, and looking at it, every other team is in a position where they could end up in second place (except me!).
I'll get creamed in the play-offs no doubt :)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Just rememeber that it's the Quick and the Dead until the championship and the Fast and the Furious.

So I've got the Toupee this week and then in the playoffs I could end up seeing them in 2 weeks. Bummer.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Yep, Sportsline interface is very difficult to figure out and, so I stopped playing sorta, I check in every once in a while. May I suggest we try something different next year, like Sandbox? I am playing in a league there and it has worked pretty good so far. They have a very easy to use system and their points are kinda inflated so you look like a superstar almost every week!

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Yahoo, please!!

The current system grew on me, once I got to grips with it... I *hated* the draft though.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, the draft blew. I picked Sportsline because I'm in another league on it, but we don't use their draft, opting for a live draft with everyone in the room (It's a league I've been in for 3 or 4 years now, and we just switched to Sportsline last year).

Anywho, the only drawback to Yahoo! is that the Live Scoring software is no longer free (of course, it's only 10 bucks for the whole season, so it's not too expensive).

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Yahoo would be much better. The money league I'm in has been through them, and it is exponentially better than Sportsline. Sportsline's system is not very intuitive. I would get very frustrated trying to figure out how to make lineup changes or pick up free agents. Plus the page loads took forever.

I didn't have a problem with Yahoo's live stats costing a nominal fee (as I chose not to get it). I was usually out watching the games anyway, so I had a fair idea of what was occurring. Plus, you can approximate what the scores are as the stats are updated during the games, just not as rapidly.

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
If you do Yahoo next year and there are any openings available count me in! I hope there is an opening :)
As if football wasn't exciting enough, fantasy football takes it over the top. I find myself tuning in games via the NFL Sunday Ticket that I would normally find no interest in!

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Finally admitting defeat after a series of very tough losses. Good luck Seth, as I say, since I lost to you in the finals last year, I want you to win again this year. I suck, but will definitely come back for baseball, and whatever else. Too bad we didn't get a NHL and NBA leagues together. I'm up for Yahoo, as Sandbox was HORRIBLE when we did the XFL.

- not bad for a Canadian, eh??!

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
(found this thread lying dead...)
had a middling to poor draft, my one solid RB got injured, and I've got a bunch of ragtag misfits scoring a handful of points each week.
Hey, that's how I did this year! :D
Instead of folding up, I went ahead and got second in the league. Not bad for my first year, eh?
(Not too much talk about the whole keeper issue going around...not much talk about anything really)

Danny R

Supporting Actor
HTF League II had an interesting year as well.

We had a team (Mordor Ringwraiths) which I believe could have matched well against any other league in the nation. They could easily have been a member of the Yahoo Top 50 teams in points scored if this was a public league. There is no doubt in my mind they would have been in the Championship Game of 99% of the other yahoo leagues out there.

In a wierd fluke however, they lost the championship game with the lowest score of the season for them.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Woah... old thread.

I sucked this season. Have no idea who to keep. Priest Holmes is still available for trade however.

btw I'm the Calgary Hitmen.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Members of HTF FFL I:

I know I had originally planned for us to have our Keeper Contracts announced by today, but I honestly don't have time to mess with it right now.

Let's plan on having the contracts set about 30 days prior to the draft next summer.

Any questions, let me know....

Joel

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
We had a team (Mordor Ringwraiths) which I believe could have matched well against any other league in the nation. They could easily have been a member of the Yahoo Top 50 teams in points scored if this was a public league. There is no doubt in my mind they would have been in the Championship Game of 99% of the other yahoo leagues out there.
In a wierd fluke however, they lost the championship game with the lowest score of the season for them.
Thanks for the reminder. :frowning:
No Priest Holmes, Bulger goes out in the 1st series, and Marvelous Marvin was my only positive that week.
-Dean-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks