Got the PB2+ and Klipsch fired up. Now What?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by BryanWeaver, Jul 28, 2004.

1. BryanWeaver

BryanWeaver Extra

I finally got the SVS PB2+ sub (went down to BAX and there were two subs waiting for pickup (a mistake that they sent two by accident?) not a chance, just another lucky San Diego SVS sub owner) and picked up my sub.

I barely had time to get it fired up, but the first thing I found out is that it is much bigger than I expected. Also got a couple of negative comments from the spouse..."boy, it sure is big, but I guess you will have to keep it now that you have it".

The next thing I found was that right out of the box it seemed to blend in seamlessly with the RF-35 Klipsch speakers. I have not had a chance to exercise it with a good movie soundtrack, but was quite pleased with the clean almost invisible addition to music cd's depth.

Ok, so what do I need to do to get the most out of my new system? Will calibration really make a difference? If so, what will I need?

Thanks

Bryan

2. Eddie Horton

Eddie Horton Stunt Coordinator

If you don't already own them, a Radio Shack SPL meter and a copy of Avia or DVE is a must. After that, you can play around with speaker and sub placement. Just be sure to re-check your SPL readings after moving speakers or changing anything. Calibration makes a difference.

3. kyle ^_^

kyle ^_^ Agent

Where can you get a copy of Avia?

4. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

Amazon would probably be the easiest place. You might also check Ebay for a used copy.