What's new

Got the Anthem avm20 v2, have Klipsch Ref 7, which Amp to buy??? (1 Viewer)

Eliacim

Auditioning
Need help. I just purchased the Anthem avm20 v2, and my speakers are all Klipsch Ref 7 series, fronts, center, and two set for back and surround sounds. My dilemma is that I don't know which 7 channel amp will match well with my system. I will be using it 50/50 HT/Music. Some Amps that I had in mind, not in any particular order are: 1)new B&K Ref 200.7, 2)new Sherbourn 7/2100, 3)Adcom 7700, 4)Aragon 2007 amp, 5)Krell Showcase7 6)Anthem pva7 7)or any other recommendations of other Amps. Thanks to all.

David_C_M

Auditioning
My advice is not to buy the seven channel but buy the anthem MCA 50 and a MCA 20 they feature balanced inputs. Don't forget to look at Bryston.
I have an old AVM 2 and MCA 5 and love that combo.
That's my 2 cents

Yogi

Screenwriter
For Klipsch stay away from Bryston, Aragon, Acurus, ATI, Anthem and Outlaw. Dont get me wrong all these are killer amps and rock solid performers but may sound too analytical and forward with Klipsch. They will sound impressive in the beginning (with their perceived extended treble) but will lead to listener fatigue over the long term, IMHO. Unless you like analytical and in-your-face kind of sound.

For Klipsch get something that has a warm signature. The best match to Klipsch, IMHO, in the order given are:

1) B&K.
2) Parasound.
3) Rotel.

My 2 cents.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I kind of agree with Yogi. Matching something with a bit of warmth would be a nice match with your speakers. However, I disagree that Bryston & Anthem amps would be overly forward. While not as warm as B&K, Parasound, or Rotel they certainly aren't as forward as the others listed.

Yogi

Screenwriter
However, I disagree that Bryston & Anthem amps would be overly forward. While not as warm as B&K, Parasound, or Rotel they certainly aren't as forward as the others listed.
Actually I put them (Bryston/Anthem) in the general category to be avoided pairing with Klipsch. I consider Bryston to be more neutral than anything in its range. I have a great respect for Bryston. Its very transparent and will bring out everything in the recording including flaws. Anthem also, I agree, is leaning towards neutral with a slight treble emphasis, IMHO. I just meant that Klipsch's were bright and forward and anything that emphasizes/preserves the brightness should be avoided for long term satisfaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks