What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2-24-2015 (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
A friend called Target right when they opened at 8am and was told that they did not get any copies of the steelbook at all.

Again, what is the point of getting these exclusives if they're not going to get the exclusives?

I am going now with the regular edition.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
David Norman said:
There is a decent chance that this week will be the twice annual Criterion.com 50% sale. Best guess is Tuesday which luckily is also release day. Normally it's a 1 day sale(sometimes 24 hour), stock can run out on popular items, and in the past it's taken $50 for Free Shipping so if there are 3 items you can't wait to have that's an option.

Nothing yet today, and don't they usually kick it off around noon? Or maybe noon on the west coast....?

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I could be, too. I just remember it's midday. This just happens to be the first time I've been ready to pounce on it! :)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Charles Smith said:
Nothing yet today, and don't they usually kick it off around noon? Or maybe noon on the west coast....?
I haven't heard anything so far. The start time has been inconsistent going by old posts -- I thought noon, but others
have old emails that wer around 2eastern.

The dates were old speculation since the last 3 Feb sales have started on Tuesday and the last 2 years on the last Tues in Feb. The fall sale last year started on Thursday so maybe Criterion is just having some fun with everyone.

hotrodguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cliff
David Norman said:
Over, it hasn't happened yet this year? Speculation is that it will be 2/24 and the usual Criterions will be $20. The issue is whether you need a couple others to get the Free Shipping unless they've changed their past levels.

B&N July sale (assuming it happens again this year) with a little effort $12-15 a piece

Thanks for the update, I've been checking their website since your post and I still see the same message:

The sale is over!

Thanks for participating!

Browse all films »

Hopefully it will happen soon...

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The Sale is Over message is apparently left over from the October sale, but it's happened 4 Feb's in a row so
the wait is still on. If the web site goes dead for a couple hours, then be on the lookout the next few hours that they're
gearing up.

Worst case is they don't do it and I wait until July BN when I can certainly get it cheaper -- or maybe Costco will carry it as one of their 19.99 titles

hotrodguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cliff
David Norman said:
The Sale is Over message is apparently left over from the October sale, but it's happened 4 Feb's in a row so
the wait is still on. If the web site goes dead for a couple hours, then be on the lookout the next few hours that they're
gearing up.

Worst case is they don't do it and I wait until July BN when I can certainly get it cheaper -- or maybe Costco will carry it as one of their 19.99 titles

Weird that the message would still be seen from last year but hey...

I'll keep my eyes open even if $20 is more than I would usually spend on a disc but even used Criterions are still more than that and no other BD version is available so I may have to bite the bullet on this one. Granted my LD is cool but it's not HD or anamorphic so.... :D

hotrodguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cliff
hotrodguy said:
Weird that the message would still be seen from last year but hey...

I'll keep my eyes open even if $20 is more than I would usually spend on a disc but even used Criterions are still more than that and no other BD version is available so I may have to bite the bullet on this one. Granted my LD is cool but it's not HD or anamorphic so.... :D

Looks like I was mistaken, there is a non-Criterion BD available, I'll be looking into that now.

Thanks for the updates anyway.

hotrodguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cliff
hotrodguy said:
Looks like I was mistaken, there is a non-Criterion BD available, I'll be looking into that now.

Thanks for the updates anyway.

Looks like I spoke too soon, those are region B, back to Criterion, which isn't a bad thing...

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
hotrodguy said:
Looks like I spoke too soon, those are region B, back to Criterion, which isn't a bad thing...
For those still looking for a possible Criterion Sale, there is some reason to believe that Tuesday March 10
may finally be the day. The website was off line for awhile this morning which has been a common pattern within
24 hours of a sale starting so check in tomorrow probably around noon and rejoice if you wish.

Criterion themselves are usually no help at all in giving clues, but just a hopeful heads up.
Mostly idle speculation and just enough clues for us to hang ourselves every Tuesday until it happens (or not).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks