What's new

Got my new Liteon.....what do I need to do? (1 Viewer)

Ricky T

Supporting Actor
Hey guys, I just got my new Liteon 2001 DVD player; what should I do? Do any of you have some of the required links bookmarked? Where to download latest firmware? How to get into the correct menus? What initial settings? My Panasonic RP91 has been happily connected to my Toshiba 56H80 for 3 years :) The 18 page Liteon thread is too scary and long to read :frowning:

Thanks,
Ricky

Jay Blair

Second Unit
Latest firmware version 2.29 is available here:

http://www.liteonit.com/DC/english/csd.htm

There is also a beta 3.01 firmware available, but don't have link to it. LiteOn's website no longer has the beta firmware posted. Not a big performance difference between 2.29 and 3.01 so I wouldn't worry about using 3.01. Most of the units ship with 2.23 firmware, and you will definitely want to upgrade to at least 2.29.

The hidden menu is available by using 2-9-6-0 under the remote cover, but only if you are not playing a disc. This is used for setting region code and macrovision.

As far as intial settings, if you are having a problem, be specific and I'm sure either myself or someone else on the forum will be able to help you. Using 2.29 firmware, set brightness level to -3 and contrast to -2 in the setup menu, though this will vary somewhat from system to system, but those numbers are good starting place. Saturation can be set to 0 using 2.29 firmware or 3.01, again for starters.

Kevin Beck

Stunt Coordinator
Ricky T,..
Sofware updates can be downloaded from Liteon's site, but you do need to use Nero burning software to burn it with. Somebody has been shipping a disc around to members that don't have a burner. If neede, I wouldn't mind helping out with a disc as well,...I have successfully done the upgrade, and have a couple discs. The secret menu is easy to get to as well,....Open tray, 2960, and your in.
>>>--->

Ricky T

Supporting Actor
Jay and Kevin,

Thanks for the help. I will try to burn the software this weekend (my wife does the burning in our house, and I'm not sure she has/uses Nero).

Jason,

I assume that there are a few people who already know what a LIteon newbie should do. Or already have read and participated in the long thread. Also, I think I have paid my dues on several HT sites over the years with over 7000 posts and hundreds of offline emails/private messages/phone calls (helping others buy and setup their systems) to ask for a little help here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks