What's new

Good Deeds Come Back To You OR No Good Deed Goes Unpunished? (1 Viewer)

Blu

Screenwriter
I'm curious as to how people see good deeds after hearing a country song called Chain of Love.

Have you ever done something good for someone and it comes back to you or have you ever done a good deed and it completely backfire on you and make things way worse than before?

Personally I believe that good deeds when done in secrecy, while they may not come back to you in some way, are worth doing anyway.

chris_everett

Second Unit
A few months ago, I helped out a friend of my wife's (then fiance) with some legal trouble with one of her kids. Took all of maybe 30 minutes on my part, (just calling some contacts of mine, and letting her know what her rights were) and I pretty much forgot about it.

When we got married she:
Made our cake, did a bunch of custom artwork, coordinated and decorated our reception, and probably 50 other things I can't even remember now. She saved us at least $5000 all told... She would not let us pay her anything, but later she mentioned to my wife how much what I had done had helped her family.

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
when I moved out of my old houseI gave my neighbors my old Couch and love seat. Then after I moved into the new HouseI was a bit litein the ole bank account so i could get alot of the stuffI needed. a friend of mine just gave me thier old washer and Dryer. Good Karma

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
When I was a kid I used to have a morning paper route. One day I saw a large domesticated rabbit sitting in someone's front yard. I approached it and it let me pet it, it was not afraid of human contact. So I picked it up and put it in my paper route bag so I could carry it home. I didn't want it to get hit by a car or eaten by a predator.

About a quarter mile away, as I delivered a paper, I noticed the one neighbor had a rabbit cage in their backyard. Sure enough, the door to the cage was wide open. I put the rabbit back into the cage and locked the door. The next morning I checked on it and noticed that the owners had refilled the water bottle and replenished the food.

To this day, I wonder if those people ever knew their rabbit had escaped in the first place. If they did, they surely had to be confused as to how the rabbit ended up back in the cage!

PhillJones

Second Unit

Perhaps it wasn't their rabbit after all but little Jimmy's parents didn't have the heart to tell him that flopsy hadn't magically come back to life.

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
I used to have this rabbit that I kept in a cage. One day I noticed he looked sad and acted like he watned out, so I opened the door and freed him..............j/k.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I try and be polite and do "good deeds" when I can. Doing them is worthwhile on their own.

I did once get rewarded for it, in the simplest way. A few years back, the northern VA area had a large (and long) power outage...which also affected the water supply. Lines for everything were long. I was visiting a Wendy's, and the line was ridiculous. Some guy had been sitting where he had to merge with the line to get in, and I recognized he was never going to get in, without someone just stopping and letting him by. I did so happily because he wasn't trying to cut the line. Just get in it. When I got up to get our order, they said it had been paid for right as he drove off. It was a small thing, but a nice gesture.

I believe being helpful and polite when possible is reward enough. It helps that I hate rude asshats. I try to karmically balance that. I'm sure I've been a dick before.

I have a pretty good life,
Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks