What's new

gonna ask one more time SVS or Tempest? (1 Viewer)

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Sean, you need to go visit Mike Strassburg :p) Your opinion might change a little.
Oh and Sean, could you please go here and read the 6th rule under the "Signature and Photo" section.

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
I really think the 4th post (3rd reply) in this thread says it all. If you have the tools/time/desire, even SVS says to build a tempest. :)
Dan

Sean Noz

Auditioning
This was my first post here, and I am not impressed, have a nice life all, for I will not post here again, you all know too much.

For all you opinionated goofs(Klipsch and SVS rule), have a nice life, no matter how small it is...

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
you'll be sorely missed

as for the topic -

if you have the time and resources and can commit to building a sub, go for it.

if you do not, then get an SVS.

easy

Mike Strassburg

Second Unit
Nathan,

I can only comment on a dual Tempest since that's what I built. I could NOT be happier and find it VERY hard to imagine that any sub for under a few thousand could come close to it since I auditioned many. Although I have not heard an SVS, which I was going to purchase until I decided on the DIY route.

Save a few more bucks and build a dual and I'm sure you will have NO buyer's remorse whatsover.
Good luck deciding...Mike

Nathan J

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I am going the DIY route...I already have the amp from PE, and I will be ordering the Tempest as soon as I get all my Birthday money ( my B-day is tomorrow :) )
I went to Home Depot and picked up some materials the other day....
I think its gonna turn out pretty sweet!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks