What's new

Going from SVS CS to CS+ ...major difference? (1 Viewer)

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
Hi folks,

I currently am running dual SVS 20-39CS subs with Samson S700. I have a friend who wants to buy them from me. If I sell them I will have to fork out another $500 Canadian to upgrade to the dual 20-39CS+ series with Samson S1000. The day after my subs shipped SVS announced the CS+ series and I didn't want to go through the trouble to send back my cs subs when they arrived but I would have ordered the + series had I known. What would you folks do ?

SkiingNinja

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Ries
Hi Sean :) How close to ref to you play? I have the same package as you but I recently upgraded to the new driver. The difference was definitely worth it. More headroom was obvious right away. The new drivers can play louder, deeper. They seem to sound better too, but that might just be my brain telling me so :D
At least the fact I now have increased headroom is quantifiable hehe. If you love bass and can't resist the urge to play SWTPM THX intro or the Monsters Inc trailer every chance you get, go for the upgrade.
Sean

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Sean,

Thanks for the reply,

I usually watch movies about -4db from reference, my room is 26' x 16' x 8'. One of my subs has the old driver and the other sub has the improved driver. I ordered the second sub about 2 weeks after the first. The cs+ has a completely different driver. Judging by all of the private sales of cs models there was a while back there must be a few people that have gone for the upgrade. Hopefully they will see this post and let me know their thoughts.

Thanks again Sean.

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
Ned, the second sub I ordered came in with the new driver. My 1st sub came with one of the last "old" drivers.

GabrielC

Stunt Coordinator
I'm wondering the exact same thing actually....would it be worth it to sell my 16-46CS and get a CS+
I have a pretty big space to fill and not much room for two subs, and I think heads would be rolling if I did add another sub to the collection right now :b
Not sure where to find a buyer even if I did though! (any ideas? :D )

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks