What's new

Go with Onkyo HT-S760 HTIB or Get Fluence SV-10 ? (1 Viewer)

Mohamed_M

Agent
Hey guys, just putting my Home theater together and need some advice. I already have a Sony 48" Projection. My original budget was around $500. Went to Fry's the other day and it seemed like the best i could get for my money is the Onkyo HTIB HT-S760. It sounded good. Not incredible, but i guess that's expected in this price range. Receiver was impressive however for a HTIB, especially the fact that its 6.1. Searching online i discovered this forum and must have spent 10+ hours just reading. In conclusion, Would i be better off streching my budget a little and get the following:

Fluance SV-10 Mains
Fluance AV-BP2 Dipolar surround
Fluance AV-SC (maybe 2 if i get a rear center)
Onkyo 601 rec.
A powered sub (not sure which one yet)

What do u think ? or should i just stick with the S760 HTIB ? I would love to hear your opinion.

Tyler Cookson

Stunt Coordinator
Just get the onkyo HTIB until you feel then eed to upgrade (which if you stick on this forum will be soon)

Tim Stumpf

Stunt Coordinator
I think you'd be better off with the Fluance. I have the center and bp surrounds that you mention and I'm very happy for the price. If you get the Dayton 10" sub from parts express for around $100 US you'll end up with a decent system that you'll be able to use for a while without too much "what if". I think you'll be happy with the Onkyo receiver also. Great piece of gear!!

Alex_P

Stunt Coordinator
I second what Tim said... go with the Fluance. They are great sounding speakers for great price... Those Onkyo speakers are nowhere near the Fluance speakers... Happy hunting...

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I agree with Tim. Get the Fluance speakers. They sound much better then the price indicates. I have the SX-HTB package and I'm very happy with it (at least until I can spend $1500 or more to upgrade :D ) You could replace the center with the AV-SC and use the original center as your rear.

Mohamed_M

Agent
Thanks for taking the time to reply guys.

Tyler, Can you please expand on your reply? I am not sure where youre getting at.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks