What's new

Getting my S2300 on friday (1 Viewer)

John-Miles

Screenwriter
I could ahve picked it up today, but i want to get a new receiver as well and i will need time to audition two im looking at.... so i have to wait till friday when they are open later....

damn its driving me nuts, but hey only another 2 days

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
John, great! I look forward to a review. What are you currently using for DVDs, DVD-Audio, SACD, CD, etc.? I'm just wondering what you will be comparing the 'S2300 too.

By the way, what receivers are you looking at? Are you going to be setting up the new receiver at the same time as the 'S2300? Changing two components at once makes it difficult go best evaluate the performance of each new component (i.e., you might change just one component and use the new component with other components that you are already familiar with). I suppose you could compare the 'S2300 to your prior front-end component(s), but comparing receivers side-by-side is a bit more difficult. O.K., so I am being anal about the whole thing. I'm sure you will be having a lot of fun this weekend. :)

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Well Keith right now..... I have do admit to a pretty poor audio set up, i dropped a big chunk on my TV first.

Currently I am using a PS2 and a really old JVC cd player, and by old i mean 12 years or so.... possibly more i really dont know my parents got it a long time ago then went to a mini system so the separate was no longer in use.

the receivers i am looking at are the Marantz sr7300 and the yamaha rxv1300 the plan is to have the s2300 hooked up to those receivers and the same set os speakers i own at the store. (PSB alpha intro's)

Im going to listen to some dvd concerts, some dvd audios and some rolling stones SACD's to compare the two receivers.

As of right now I dont have any way to listen to dvd-a or sacd, but i did borrow my friends RP-91 once, so there will be a vauge comparrison.

and its not really changing tw components cause well i am not actually replacing anythign witht he s2300 :D

But Keith I promise you guys will get a review as soon as i can get it posted :)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
James, thanks for the information. Well, you are setting yourself up for two major upgrades! In comparison to what you are using now, either receiver paired with the 'S2300 will be a sweet combo! Glad to hear that you will be able to compare the two receivers with the 'S2300 and the speakers you own. That's the right way to do it. I'm looking to hear what receiver to choose and how you like the new combo when you've gotten set up at home. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Oh yeah and i forgot to mention im using a Sony STR DE-445 as my current receiver, so im expecting big improvements.

P.S its John Keith not James :b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks