What's new

Get your golden ears and much more here. (1 Viewer)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Yes, you too can now hear all the things that the big boys hear. Stereophile, TAS, and others are very good at hearing subtle differences. The question is, why can't you? Oh, they tell you your system isn't revealing enough do they! Well balderdash and for my friends overseas (I do have those don't I?) bollocks I say.

Yes, after years of careful research into the human auditory system, I've discovered scientific ways wherebye your ears won't just be Golden, why damnit, they'll rival the radio telescope at Areceibo, PR. Subtle differences? With this product my friends you'll be hearing much more! How's about hearing the difference between different isotopes of hydrogen vibrating? Got you interested? How much more you ask? Well my son never lies and he said it made a difference in his life. He's out now checking out some crop circles. They're coming you know. Get ready for the rapture.

I accept PayPal and visits from women with curious and open natures. Just don't send Kobe's midnite special. She's gonna have her own gold.

Oh the price...well, if you need to ask you can't afford it.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Chu, I'd be interested if the interconnects's RCA jacks are gold-plated and only the very finest cables are used. JB

Scott Oliver

Screenwriter
Jack, as an administrator, I ask you what good does this post do on this forum except to poke fun at those who say they do hear differences in electronics.

Chu's views are well known and its great he has his views, but to allow him to try to create a posse of anti-audiophilsism (couldn't think of a better descriptor) through jabs like these, serves this forum and the greater globe of home theater and audio no good whatsoever. IMO

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Not trying to do that, Scott. Just enjoying his posts and joining in the fun. To discuss such things further, feel free to send me a PM.

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
Scott,

Very well put. This is free-time fodder, IMO. Serving no end other than a clear bias.

C'mom Chu. tird stirring is beyond you.

BOK

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
anti-audiophilsism
Naagh. :) I think one of Chu's points is specifically to *not* let bias'es get in the way of judging sound quality. The exact opposite in fact, but with a little bit of reality and pragmatism thrown in. Maybe.

BTW, I aspire to platinum ears, similar color as the Tinman's! :D

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Boy sometimes the golden ears just love to whine :)

BOK and Scott... Whether you agree or disagree who cares..
Chu's posts are fun and I am sure that many of us appreciate
the levity he interjects into this all too staunch discussion
at times..

I bet those that appreciate it, far outweigh those that do
not care for it!

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
For some reason, that reminds me of the liner notes on Spinal Tap's Break Like The Wind album, penned by none other than Walter Becker of Steely Dan, describing the infinitely complex "Crosley System" of recording vocals. It's a hilarious read if you find it...

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I dunno about Chu's posts...

They are usually too intellectual for me to follow or are loaded with so much sarcasm, wit, or bad humor that it makes me uncomfortable to post in the same thread as him.

I nominate Chu Gai for having the most colorful prose even though he is really the biggest newbie on the forum pretending to be the biggest know it all.

lol :D I'm just playing with you Chu

Geshundheit* :emoji_thumbsup:

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Hey I'm working on losing weight and becoming the most svelte newbie Chris. Somehow the approach of eating pizza and watching Kianna Tom didn't work out very well :frowning:

RobWil

Supporting Actor
Well I'm glad Chu finally found something to improve his hearing. Now maybe all of those objective/subjective threads will cease :emoji_thumbsup:

BTW.....shouldn't this be in the "Tweaks" section? :D

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
See, we can all have fun here. (And, look, I've owned Audio Research and conrad-johnson tube gear before, as well as a SOTA Sapphire turntable and other equipment associated with the world of "high-end" audio. That is the baggage I carry. :))

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Chu:

Wow, I never realized how beautiful the isotopes of hydrogen actually sounded! I used to think they had a 'forward' or 'bright' sound, but now I'm convinced they sound 'warm', 'detailed' and 'lush'. And soundstage? To quote Freddie Flinstone, "wowie wow wow wow..."

Also, the sound is much more 'revealing' now. I just know I can hear electrons decaying from higher to lower orbits...

:D

RichardHOS

Second Unit
OK, this has gone far enough Chu. I've read enough of these types of posts where you botch up even the most basic information. Every decent audiophile knows that it is impossible to hear the difference in various vibrating isotopes. Mass number has no audible impact on sound.

We all know that it is charge that is of utmost importance, and that if you have charged ions present in your listening environment from any element the impact on the sound quality can be drastic. I have no doubt that your product works as described, other than your oversight (once again) of the details - in this case referencing the audibility of neutron number instead of the much more correct electron number.

But still... I'll take two of whatever the hell it is you're selling. :)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Oh man. I just had a thought: what if some enterprising young audiophile out there actually discovered that those room ionizers actually improved sound in a home theater. You know, something like the ionized air molecules create a more coherent soundfield due to the charged particules have a longer mean free path to your ears or something. Oh man... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks