Gears of War in game video. This game looks killer. Check it out!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BrionL, May 23, 2005.

1. BrionL

BrionL Stunt Coordinator

2. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

I actually thought it would look better than that, but I hope it's just the compressed nature of the wave file. There wasn't anything in there that looked overly revolutionary and I'm a big MS supporter so don't think I'm some Sony fanboy. There were only a couple things in that clip that made me say "That looks Next Gen for sure."

3. Ken Chui

Ken Chui Supporting Actor

Looks like a great tactical shooter, but where are the survival horror aspects? [​IMG]

CliffyB has done some amazing work for the UT franchise, and this has the potential to be an exceptional standalone project, if he can effectively blend both genres into a singular gaming experience. I'll say it again: if I do buy a 360 at launch, it will be for this game (not sold on PDZ at this time).

4. BrianB

BrianB Producer

It's not a launch title, Ken.

5. BrionL

BrionL Stunt Coordinator

Yes, Gears wont be released until early 2006.

Brion

6. Ken Chui

You're both right: CliffyB did mention that this was going to be a 2006 release. :b

7. BrionL

BrionL Stunt Coordinator

Hey Ken, have you checked out Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion. It is for launch and looks amazing.

Brion

8. Brian_Pete

Brian_Pete Stunt Coordinator

I just saw this video last night. The graphics, environments and gameplay all look great. They obviously have a lot of finishing work to do but it looks promising.

Hopefully there are some levels where there is a lot more going on. I think that's what I want to see the most out of the next gen is more interaction with friend and foe AI.

9. Ken Chui

The screenshots and trailer do look pretty good. Does the Elder Scrolls franchise play similarly to action RPGs (such as Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance and Champions Of Norrath), i.e. what type of battle system does it employ? I'm not a fan of turn-based RPGs (although I do have a few in my library for reasons I can't explain; I guess part of me keeps hoping that one of these titles will change my perception of this gaming niche).

10. BrionL

BrionL Stunt Coordinator

Hey Ken, I've heard that ES 4 will NOT be turn based.

11. Brian_Pete

Brian_Pete Stunt Coordinator

We're getting way off topic here but, from what I've seen ES 4 looks as if it will be controlled from a first person perspective. It looked to me as if you will be swinging the sword and using the shield in real time.

12. BrionL

BrionL Stunt Coordinator