What's new

Gears of War in game video. This game looks killer. Check it out! (1 Viewer)

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I actually thought it would look better than that, but I hope it's just the compressed nature of the wave file. There wasn't anything in there that looked overly revolutionary and I'm a big MS supporter so don't think I'm some Sony fanboy. There were only a couple things in that clip that made me say "That looks Next Gen for sure."

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
Looks like a great tactical shooter, but where are the survival horror aspects? :confused:

CliffyB has done some amazing work for the UT franchise, and this has the potential to be an exceptional standalone project, if he can effectively blend both genres into a singular gaming experience. I'll say it again: if I do buy a 360 at launch, it will be for this game (not sold on PDZ at this time).

BrionL

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Ken, have you checked out Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion. It is for launch and looks amazing.

Brion

Brian_Pete

Stunt Coordinator
I just saw this video last night. The graphics, environments and gameplay all look great. They obviously have a lot of finishing work to do but it looks promising.

Hopefully there are some levels where there is a lot more going on. I think that's what I want to see the most out of the next gen is more interaction with friend and foe AI.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

The screenshots and trailer do look pretty good. Does the Elder Scrolls franchise play similarly to action RPGs (such as Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance and Champions Of Norrath), i.e. what type of battle system does it employ? I'm not a fan of turn-based RPGs (although I do have a few in my library for reasons I can't explain; I guess part of me keeps hoping that one of these titles will change my perception of this gaming niche).

Brian_Pete

Stunt Coordinator
We're getting way off topic here but, from what I've seen ES 4 looks as if it will be controlled from a first person perspective. It looked to me as if you will be swinging the sword and using the shield in real time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks