What's new

Games w/ the best extras & options…. (1 Viewer)

StevenDriers

Auditioning
After you’ve played all your games two or three times through, if you’re like me, you start looking around for extras or featurettes. In some of my games, the extra features are pretty damn decent. Tony Hawk’s Pro-skater 4 has a Sean Murray Pro-Wakeboarder demo that’s almost more fun than the game it came with and the best water effects I’ve ever seen. Mortal Kombat :D.A. has literally thousands of unlockable extras and I’ll probably never get to them all in this lifetime. GTA Vice City has so much to do, it’s hard to tell where the missions end and the xtra bonus stuff begins. Anyway, you get the point; what are some of the best options, extras and features in your games? Chances are, the rest of us overlooked it…

JamesH

Supporting Actor
Suikoden 3 had one of my favorite bonuses ever: a couple hours of extra content that really tied the story together if you recruited all the characters.

Panzer Dragoon Orta simply went above and beyond in regards to extras. Just the main game by itself was more than worth it for me, and there are too many unlockables to count.

Dynasty Warriors 3 and 4 also have quite a bit to them. You could play them several hours a week for a year and still not have all of the special weapons.

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance has a zillion extra missions... okay more like 500 mini-missions, not to mention about 5 other scenarios that are about level-size.

FYI I just bought the game and haven't played any of the extras yet, but I was amazed just looking through the documentation and the menus.

I liked the extras on Splinter Cell... there aren't a ton of them, but they are very much like the extras on most DVD movies... lots of "making of" shorts and even a bonus interview with Sam Fisher in the UbiSoft offices... :emoji_thumbsup:

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
The extras on The Lord Of The Rings the Two Towers were great. Thats the way you make a game. Cant wait to see The Return Of The King game.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Can't beat the extras of Animal Crossing, a large gaunlet of old NES games, including Zelda, Mario, Ice Climbers, and more. Also Metroid Prime having the orignal Metriod is great. And even so it not much, the extras of Final Fantasy Origins are nice too.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
I remember being quite impressed with how much you could customize the N64's Perfect Dark multiplayer game.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
In spiffy random order:

Master of Magic (PC DOS)
Goldeneye (Multiplayer heaven!)
Counterstrike
MGS (1&2)
GTA 3 (or Vice City)
Soul Caliber

and the unexpected hum daddy of them all:

Advance Wars. This game just never stops giving, been playing it for 2 years off/on and there is still a challenge.

StevenDriers

Auditioning
Hey Joe, how many of the bonus and extra missions were you able to actually finish in GTA3? There's just so damn many! Favorites too. I think it's cool when games do this like in the T. Hawk game, that demo for Prowakeboarder is awesome. I get a sneak peek at a game that looks cool and is fun, while other games like Stuntman...Suck w/ extras! Have you seen any other game demo's you really dig?

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I keep playing GTA 3 and Vice City, but I certainly havent doen everything. I tend to do a mission or start collecting packages, then kind of go off into some sort of freelance expoloration or shooting spree (see how much heat I can take.) Always great fun, I don't think I will ever make 100% in either of those games.

RTCW looked pretty darn good to me. Not sure about extras, but the multiplayer looks to be top notch and the graphics are fantastic.

Other than that (oh and DOOM III of course), I don't know. I suppose we'll all know more after mid-May and E3...

StevenDriers

Auditioning
Hey Joe, what is RTCW? Apparently my sinapses aren't all firing today. I think extras are really what make a game even better. I wish games like Max Payne had more extras rather than try on a harder level. What fun is that? You've already seen it all. The extra I keep playing is that prowakeboarder demo in T. Hawk. I can't believe how real the water looks. Look at some of these screens.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think TimeSplitters 1 and 2 have great extras. Granted, most of them come in the form of extra characters, but TS2 has pretty much perfected (IMO) how a FPS should allow gamers to unlock stuff. There's extra modes, characters, cheats, hats, levels, etc.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Primal has a nice featurette on the voice over work & actors. As a weird coincidence, I had unlocked it about 30 minutes after I read that the main character is voiced by Hudson Leick, who play Callisto on the Xena series.

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks