What's new

GameCube memory card shortage?? (1 Viewer)

Stephen L

Second Unit
Anyone else having a hard time finding memory cards for GCN? I finally found a spice controller but have come up with nothing for the memory card. I've seen 2nd party controllers but held out for a Nintendo brand and I've had no luck finding component cables. Seems like a shortage of accessories exist.

Steve Clark

Second Unit
(Intended as humor only) If Morgan was an XBox advocate instead of a GC advocate he would now chime in by saying: "Boy, that 8G hard drive is sure looking good right now".:)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Steve-

Actually, I'm saying that already without owning one.

If I had an X-Box, I would be in heaven because of the lack of needing a memory card. Took me two days to find one, and when I did, I found several of them. Yeah, there's a shortage, but not a non-existance.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
I went to the store today to pick up another controller.

Got a spice colored one and there were tons of memory cards too. I'm just waiting for the interac16x to release or something...i've had good lucky with their larger storage cards for other systems and it doesn't really seem worth buying a Nintendo branded memory card.

any idea on when the third party developers will be releasing memory cards?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
You know what, pretty much everything from the GameCube is TINY!!! The memory cards are really small, and while the PS2 ones aren't much bigger, if you compare the GCN memory card to ones for Dreamcast, N64, and X-Box, these things are tiny (even though they hold less).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks