Availability of PS2 Memory Cards

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Carlton C, Feb 14, 2002.

1. Carlton C

Carlton C Auditioning

I'm rather curious as to whether anyone else has hit this problem. I finally got a PS2, bought a couple of games and then went searching for a memory card. After 4 walmarts, 1 target, 1 kmart, 2 used games stores, 1 best buy, 1 circuit city, and finally 2 gamestop I found that there where exactly 3 memory cards available, none PS brand. From what I could tell PS brands are no longer available for the forseeable future and due to the shortage, as soon as the last "generics" are sold there won't be any of those for awhile.
    Anyone else had that problem, the lack of parts and pieces for their game system? Even looking at XBox and Gamecube, the only place to actually buy them is Walmart...nobody else carries them for more than a day and very few carry any accessories for them.
    I guess this sortof ended up as sort of a rant...oh well, it's my post so I'm allowed to rant a bit.[​IMG]

2. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Up here in canada, the store i 'work' for Futureshop, we got a letter from sony saying that they were waaaaaaay oversold during the holidays and have NO STOCK all across canada until Mid February... Expect them soon...

3. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

The retailers are sold out for a reason: Sony is out of product.

I can assure you Sony is working their butt off getting them to stores ASAP. They may have already appeared in stores on the coasts.

The 3rd party memory cards are just begining to hit so I wouldn't worry a shortage there either.

Manufacturing just takes a while to ramp up after Christmas. No big deal, really.

4. Matt Birchall

Matt Birchall Supporting Actor

We get around twelve Sony-brand memory cards every two weeks at the Best Buy I work at. Got some more yesterday, actually. Of course, they're usually gone within a matter of hours.
    Glad I got my two, 'cause there ain't no way I'm touching third-party crap! [​IMG]
    -mwb-

5. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

My only problem with these cards is the price. I keep putting off buying another one.

-Andre F