What's new

Game Installation/Lockup Problem(Windows XP/Madden 2003) (1 Viewer)

Alan Erceg

Stunt Coordinator
hey guys/gals,

im really frustrated. here is my problem.

I just purchased Madden 2003 for my PC today...brought it home..installed it and everything went fine.

I went to hit play...and the game loads to the ea sports logo..then the bar loads up..but as soon as the bar gets to the end and is about to display the main screen it kicks me back to the desktop. I have no clue what the problem is and it is killing me not being able to play.

here is what i have tried so far to rectify the problem and have been unsucessful..

--Cleaned the cd-rom drive(I figured it was worth a shot)
--ran a complete system scan disk
--did a disk cleanup
--will run a complete system defrag while i am at work tonight
--updated video card drivers to newest version

thats what i have tried so far and still no luck...and im getting frustrated...

on a side not here is some info on my system and past games...

I have run both Madden 2002(until last night) and NHL 2000-2002 fine on my system with no problems....

My computer came with an onboard video card which i replaced with a NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64...which i know isnt the best card in the world but for the games i play it works just fine(its a 32 MB card)

Also to not i did remember to disable my onboard video card to make sure the game was using the nvidia one...so that is not the problem..

here are my system specs:

HP Computer
800Mzh Celeron Processor(Dont Laugh to hard)
320 MB SD Ram(64MB in one slot...256 in the other slot)
30GB HD
NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64 video card(32 MB)
48X CD/CDRW Drive
15GB of free hard drive space available...

So does anyone have any idea at all why my game might be crashing??? Any help would be appreciated...Im just frustrated right now..especially since i can usually diagnose this stuff pretty easily.

I will be here till about 4:45 EST time which is another hour and 15 mins...after that i wont be home till after 10 EST...feel free to email me if you want with any possible help as well....

Im desperate guys......

Thanks
Alan Erceg

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
What OS are you running? have you tried reinstalling? Have you updated DirectX and are you running the latest drivers for your video card

Alan Erceg

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff,
thanks for the reply....
I am running Windows XP Professional Edition(upgrade over ME..not a new install)
I have tried reinstalling twice already...no luck
I am running Direct X version 8.1
I am as far as i know running the latest drivers for my video card....
im going to work now...but i will be back later to check in..
feel free to email me anyone if you want.. [email protected]

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Have you checked EA's website? Searched the newsgroups to see if others are having this problem? There might be a patch already.

Alan Erceg

Stunt Coordinator
mike..

i went to EA's website...and on their message board their seems to be about 5 other people with my exact same problem...looks like it might be an XP thing..who knows..

mike im not sure what newsgroups to look up? can you give me any direction??

thanks
alan

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Usually I go to google.com and do their groups search. Their archives are a day or so behind sometimes, but I usually find my answers there.

Danny R

Supporting Actor
My guess is that its the software's problem, not anything you can do. Most game companies today seem to release their products in almost beta form, and use the first sales to fund the "final" development. Probably you'll find a patch for the game on EA's website within a week or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks