What's new

Pre-Order Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (4k UHD Combo) (4k UHD Combo SteelBook) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
610O8r8RBYL._SL1224_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

https://www.amazon.com/Furiosa-A-Ma...11-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Last edited:

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I dragged myself out of the house to catch a late Saturday morning matinee of this. Was mostly bored the first hour or so but then it got really interesting once the bullet farm scene near the end rolled. No chance of another followup since this bombed badly but that's OK. This story is already played out.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I'll have to revisit the film on physical media to see how events "tie together" but, frankly, I'm not invested enough into the mythology of these films to worry about the connections between films. I agree with the large number of folks who say a prequel wasn't necessary so the story tropes and connections aren't something I think I genuinely want to explore further. This was basically George Miller indulging in his obsession with the character and Mad Max universe.

I watched a Youtube documentary where George Miller talked about the franchise since before its inception. I was floored when he revealed that Mel Gibson was set to reprise his role in Fury Road (something I did not know previously). Sadly, studio politics and other issues kept delaying the film so Gibson bowed out after years of setbacks. Can't wrap my mind around Gibson potentially being in Fury Road. Too bad it didn't work out; still, Fury Road was fantastic.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I'll have to revisit the film on physical media to see how events "tie together" but, frankly, I'm not invested enough into the mythology of these films to worry about the connections between films. I agree with the large number of folks who say a prequel wasn't necessary so the story tropes and connections aren't something I think I genuinely want to explore further. This was basically George Miller indulging in his obsession with the character and Mad Max universe.

I watched a Youtube documentary where George Miller talked about the franchise since before its inception. I was floored when he revealed that Mel Gibson was set to reprise his role in Fury Road (something I did not know previously). Sadly, studio politics and other issues kept delaying the film so Gibson bowed out after years of setbacks. Can't wrap my mind around Gibson potentially being in Fury Road. Too bad it didn't work out; still, Fury Road was fantastic.
Agree- Fury Road is pretty great as is, but would have been even better with Gibson in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ybmsmoke107
Recent bookmarks