What's new

FS: Talking Heads-Speaking In Tongues (CD + DVD-A) (1 Viewer)

Tom Donaghue

Stunt Coordinator
This is a brand new 2 disc (CD and DVD-A) set of Speaking In Tongues, only opened and played once. I just purchased two weeks ago from Amazon UK as I was having difficulty playing the DualDisc version of this. Turns out it's not a problem w/the DualDisc, it's the encoding used by Rhino/WEA on certain universal players.

These discs, as well as the DualDisc, play just fine on my Panasonic DVD-F87, however playing the DVD-A or the DVD-A side of the DD on my Yamaha DVD-C750 cause the player to freeze requiring a hard reset (pulling the plug). Here's a list of universal players I've found to have problems w/the DualDisc:

Onkyo DV-SP502
Oppo DV971
Pioneer 578A
Pioneer 588A
Yamaha DVD-C750/C6770
Yamaha C-350

Apparently, the software used to encode these discs is problematic w/the firmware used by the aforementioned players. If you don't have any of the above listed universal players, you should be fine. This is an exceptional mixing job, best multichannel recording I've heard (well, on my secondary setup, anyway... :) )

My asking price is $20.00 shipped or best offer, cost almost $25 just about two weeks ago.

Any questions, please let me know. -TD

Tom Donaghue

Stunt Coordinator
Alright, $18 shipped. If you're a Talking Heads fan, this is an excellent DVD-A and CD combo. It's also a phenomenal multichannel mix to boot.... -TD

ScottC

Supporting Actor
How does this differ from the U.S. dualdisc? I say this because I see you ordered from amazon.co.uk, and amazon.com also has a dualdisc of this.

Tom Donaghue

Stunt Coordinator

Hi Scott;
This differs from the DualDisc in the sense that it is two completely separate discs, not the one DualDisc only available here in the U.S. It is physically one DVD-Audio disc and one CD, this isn't available here in the US, that's why I ordered it from Amazon UK.

I'm glad you asked this question, though, as I'm sure you're not the only one not clear on my original posting, so thanks for asking for the clarification... ;) -TD

EDIT: ITEM IS SOLD!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks