What's new

FS: Dillon Attitudes (1 Viewer)

Dan Wesnor

Second Unit
Don't know if it's kosher to post this here - it is a DIY speaker.

New tweeters. One had the sticker pulled off only 2 days ago. The other was used about 25 hours in testing a 3-way. They have not been soldered on, the wires are taped in place.

Both speakers were tested Saturday and work fine. There is one cap screw missing off one woofer (the t-nut froze), but that can be easily fixed. Crossover is high quality components - if I remember correctly AudioCap PPMF caps, Mills resistors, copper foil coils. Internal wiring is AnalysisPlus Oval 14. Built sealed, blend excellently with a subwoofer.

The only variation from the design is that I increased the tweeter series resistor to cut the brightness of the design (per the designer's recommentation).

60 lbs shipping weight from 35758. If you prefer, I can pull everything out of the boxes to cut the shipping weight by about half (but you'll need to build you own boxes).

The designer (Geoff Dillon) is a professional speaker designer, not a hobbyist. His web page is www.dillonacoustics.com.

Cabinets are ugly. Asking $275.

CarlDais

Stunt Coordinator
Dan....so what are your thoughts on the drivers and the sound of the speaker? You certainly have lotsa experience with this size & type of Monitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks