What's new

FS: Denon AVR-3300 Receiver "AS IS" $325 shipped (1 Viewer)

Ray G

Grip
I am selling my Denon AVR-3300 receiver, which has the well-documented "cooling fan" problem. Check out the reviews on audioreview.com to get the experiences [good & bad] from hundreds of owners [You may also want to check out archived threads on this and other discussion forums]. For disclosure sake, here are my experiences with this particular unit:
1. It's placed on the bottom shelf of an enclosed A/V cabinet, 8" clearance on top, opening on back exposing about 2/3 of unit [including vent holes], only about 2" clearance on sides and front.
2. After about 2 hours continuous use, high-pitched whistle begins eminating from the unit, which goes on for about 1-2 minutes, then stops.
3. Shortly thereafter fan kicks in for 1st time, lasts about 20-30 seconds, then goes on every 15-20 minutes thereafter. Fan noise is audible.
4. The unit has never shut down/overheated. All other functioning is normal and performance is otherwise excellent. I have almost always listed to movies/music/TV at soft-moderate volumes [rarely higher than -26dB on volume control]
5. Unit was purchaed refurbished [yeah, I know] and is no longer under warranty. Net feedback is mixed on effectiveness of repair [contact local Denon service center for cost estimate].
6. $325 purchase price includes UPS Ground shipping [insured] to 48 US states only; I'll accept cashier's checks, money orders or Paypal.
7. Unit is sold "AS IS", as buyer's experience with the receiver may be different than what mine has been.
Send me a message if you have any questions.
Ray G

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks