What's new

fronts speakers place 2 feet above head? (1 Viewer)

jason celaya

Stunt Coordinator
How much am i comprmising imagining by having my front speakers tweeter 2.5 feet over head (on TV)? in particular the speakers in question are M&K 750s.

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
You should be able to find an "off-axis' response chart somewhere. Try magazine review websites. Typically anything greater than 30 degrees off center yields a drop of 3 - 10 db in treble response.

Aim them down if possible.

If you like the way it sounds, though, don't worry. Be happy.

Good Luck!

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
aren't most tweeters more or less "straight shooters"? i know they're (in general) pretty directional.
i don't know your particular speaker model, but i think you're probably losing out on some of the higher frequencies. i suspect they may be shooting over your head.
if at all possible, try to place the speakers so that the tweeter is level to your listening position. i bet you'll hear more highs.
i used to have my polk's sitting on the floor. when i got some stands and got them up to ear height i really heard a difference and i'm not one to say i hear tweaks very easily...although i don't have a golden ear either.
anyway, do a test. if you don't hear a differnce then there's no worries. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks