What's new

Front Speaker Placement -HELP! (1 Viewer)

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Here's what surely is a very simple question for all experienced HT'ers here:
What distance should my front speakers be from my TV? To qualify this, let me say that my room is rectangular(for better or worse). Picture the TV at the top center of the rectangle against the wall. Now, should the speakers be placed either side of the screen NEXT to the entertainment ctr. or as far apart as possible (Seven feet either side of the screen?)
The speakers in question will be small satellites - probably JBL's.
Thanks!

Jonathan_M

Stunt Coordinator
Generally, a good rule of thumb to follow is to divide the wall the speakers are in front of into thirds and placing the speaker at the 1/3 and 2/3 position. This assumes you are centering your TV on the wall and are not offset to one side or the other.
Ideally, the distance between your speakers should be roughly the same as the distance from each speaker to your listening position. Picture an equilateral triangle formed by your left speaker, right speaker, and the listening position.
Good luck!
------------------
"We're hosed. We lost the remote."

DanP

Agent
It depends. How far will you be sitting from the screen? A general rule of thumb to start with is to put the speakers the same distance apart, as you are from them, to get good imaging. Start with that and then experiment to see what sounds the best to you.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks