What's new

FRIENDS: Season 3 announced...and lower priced, too! (1 Viewer)

MattHR

Screenwriter
Friends: The Complete Third Season

Street Date 4/1/03

Catalog# 22739
MSRP $44.98
UPC 085392273928

Get Ready for 2003's Biggest Television Event! The Release of Friends: The Complete Third Season is Timed to Leverage the Huge Media Buildup and Telecast of the expected Series Finale of this Long-Running #1 rated Comedy Series.

All-New DVD Pricing - $25 less than previous season releases!

2 commentaries from the series' producers
An interactive map of Joey and Chandler's bachelor pad with inside stories from the crew
The friends of Friends guest book
Character bios
Trivia game
Link to website

Extra, previously unseen footage on every episode
Digitally remastered for improved image and sound

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Get Ready for 2003's Biggest Television Event! The Release of Friends: The Complete Third Season is Timed to Leverage the Huge Media Buildup and Telecast of the expected Series Finale of this Long-Running #1 rated Comedy Series.
Jesus christ, so exciting, I'm gona have a heart attack!
I do hope you copy/pasted from a press release ;)
*looks over at his 7 seasons of Friends which were there for over a year* :D
5.1, more extras, and way cheaper than R4 and R2 versions though. Might sell mine and get these.

James Reader

Screenwriter
The pricing of the set is certainly an eye-opener.

I expect this is down the the sets being phenomenally successful because I see the set still features commentary on selected episodes and a few other supplements. Should the price be being lowered to stimulate poor sales I would expect cost cutting to have lead to supplements being dropped.

So if this is the case and the season sets are successful - Warner please can you consider doing more season/multidisc sets in the future. You know it makes sense.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I haven't bought any of the Friends sets yet because I'm just a casual fan and couldn't justify spending the money they were charging for it, but at this new MSRP, I'll start buying them all if they lower the first couple seasons' MSRPs accordingly. Good move, WB.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
This is great news - both that WB is releasing more seasons and that season3 will be cheaper!
If they can get seasons 3 and 4 out by next Christmas, would be perfect - because then I'd be done! I have the post-season 4 episodes I want on the "Best of" collections, and frankly, I think the show has been nosediving since season 5 or so, so have no desire to own or re-watch those eps.
Thanks for posting!

EricCr

Stunt Coordinator
Hope the lower price is correct. DVDFile is reporting that the MSRP is staying at $69.95 so I really hope the lower price is the correct one. I enjoy the show but $70 a season is too high.

KevA

Stunt Coordinator
It's always been MUCH cheaper to buy Friends DVDs in Canada for some reason. Season 1 and 2 are still at 60 bucks (which is about 40 U.S.) or slightly less (56 bucks at amazon.ca).

I'm not sure why certain DVDs (produced in the U.S.) are sold at a much cheaper price in Canada. It's odd -- but I'm not complaining.

Kev A.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to quit after season 6. The series ended nicely there with Chandler proposing

and I always felt that once they started to get too involved with the relationships of the 6 cast members I got bored. It was diving before season 6, but I wanted to at least end my collection on an episode that wasn't a cliffhanger, and it really isn't if you think about it. It wraps things up nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks