What's new

Freddy's Nightmares (1 Viewer)

Robert Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
With the release of the Nightmare on Elm Street Collection on DVD in August of 2004, I'm surprised they didn't release the Freddy's Nightmares TV series on DVD to go with the movie collection. It was a pretty good show (not bad at all for a movie-to-TV series deal...usually those don't do too well), though it was rather short lived (2 seasons, 1988-1990). As far as I know, a few episodes were released on VHS, though I have seen Region 2 DVDs of selected episodes. Hopefully it is eventually released, by seasons, on DVD...

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
The Elm Street set was actually released in 1999. It's been the same set since then.

As for Freddy's Nightmares. No word yet. If they were to be released at anytime, I think they should have released them when Freddy vs Jason came out.

Maybe they will release them when the next movie comes out. If and whenever that is.

Robert Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
According to Amazon, the release date is August 17, 2004. Perhaps it's a re-release date, but that's what it says...

I'm not doubting you at all about the set coming out in 1999, but most likely it's the case of it no longer being made, and they decided to re-release it...kinda like the situation with I Love Lucy season 1, which has still yet to be released with the thinner cases.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

As Kyle said, it was just a retail price drop. Websites usually flag price drops as different release dates.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I've seen this brought up at the last two Warner Bros chat. I never saw it but it sounds cool i'd be interested in seeing this. Hope it comes.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
From a personal stance, I was a big Freddy Krueger fan in the 80's. Once Elm Street 5 and after started to hit, I quickly lost interest.

As for this show. I thought it was a really bad show. But, it does have a few really good episodes.

There was one exceptionally brutal episode for tv. It was made right after Elm Street 4 and does follow the Elm Street storyline. It was also the Halloween episode where Freddy stalks a photographer on Halloween. Not the Halloween episode thats on VHS. There were two of them.

He pokes this woman in the eyes with his claws. I still can remember the scene and was shocked it was allowed to air. It was R-rated brutal. The episode was better than all the later Elm Street sequels.

John*P

Second Unit
I was checking the net a few days ago to see if this was on DVD...no dice. :-/ I was too young to watch this when it originally aired, but I'm definitely interested in seeing it today. Blind buy all the way...

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I remember watching a few of the episodes, as well as the Friday the 13th series, when I was young. I'd probably pick them up for nostalgia's sake.

Patrick Soucy

Second Unit
Yeah, but this is region 2, not region 1... But now, multi-region players are easy too find, but I don't have that yet.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by Stephen Wight

Does anybody think Warner Bros will release this,to tie in with the upcoming remake?
I can't believe they haven't released it already; and LONG AGO. It's a genre classic starring a popular horror flick character; why is this not already on dvd??

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley

I can't believe they haven't released it already; and LONG AGO. It's a genre classic starring a popular horror flick character; why is this not already on dvd??
Yeah, it seems like it would sell well enough just to Freddy fans to justify its release. I don't really the remember the show (and I bet it's not very good) but I know I'd buy both seasons simply because I'm a fan of the movies.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by TravisR

Yeah, it seems like it would sell well enough just to Freddy fans to justify its release. I don't really the remember the show (and I bet it's not very good) but I know I'd buy both seasons simply because I'm a fan of the movies.
Eh, it was cheesy as all-get-out; but it was the only show of its genre to feature the actual star and storylines from the movies upon which it was based (unlike Poltergeist: the Legacy and Friday the 13th: the series).

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I recently revisited the show and it's not very good--VERY low budget, even moreso than its contemporary, Tales from the Darkside--abysmal acting, contrived, inane plots (the pilot is a form of a prequel to the original film). It's for the rabid completists who need to have every Freddy appearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks