What's new

Freddy Got Fingered - Lots of Features - Atrocious Movie (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I got this screener and watched it last night. Ick.
But the DVD has a lot of rather interesting extras!
One is the "World Premiere Audience Reaction" commentary track. It was recorded at the...world premiere...obviously, and it's notable for two things:
1. The audience starts out pretty rowdy.
2. During the 'hilarious' parts, you can hear a pin drop.
Also included is a "PG version" of the movie which runs about three minutes long. That description is funnier than the actual clip.
It was also nice to see Tom Green contribute to the evolution of audio commentaries. On the deleted scenes commentary, Green says the following more than once:
"This scene was cut due to pacing. I have nothing else to say about this scene so I will now make nonsense noises until the end. Bleep. Bloop. Doo Doo. Peepee. Nyak. Wak Flak."
But my favorite piece of insight came from the apparently unhumiliated Rip Torn, who mentions on a scene-specific track "I got paid a lot of money to show my bare ass."
Ick.
------------------
Scott
Check out my Movie Reviews at Epinions. Help support my debilitating DVD addiction!
AOL IM: TheAngryJew29
[Edited last by Scott Weinberg on October 05, 2001 at 12:51 PM]
[Edited last by Scott Weinberg on October 05, 2001 at 01:25 PM]

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I've found that DVD's make pretty good targets for my AR15.
Saw this piece of trash at my neighbors house.
Usually I find myself at odds with the movie critics but, in this case they were right on. It's a piece of shit movie.
I guess you have to be a Green fan to "get it".
Found him to be a total jackass; and NOT in a funny way.
------------------
"...better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it". - Slater, True Romance

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
****SPOILERS********SPOILERS********SPOILERS****
I guess you have to be a Tom Green fan to enjoy this movie. You have to admit swinging the baby around his head to get it to breath was funny, hell even my wife laughed at that and she never laughs.
****End of Spoilers********End of Spoilers********End of Spoilers****
I think that most people are just to sensitive to this type of extreme gross out comedies. And Tom Green is no different than Andy Kaufman in my opinion same type of humor and comedy.
Also sorry I don't know the HTML code to insert the black spoiler bar.

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
"This scene was cut due to pacing. I have nothing else to say about this scene so I will now make nonsense noises until the end. Bleep. Bloop. Doo Doo. Peepee. Nyak. Wak Flak."
laugh.gif

You know I think I am going to pick it up
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
jasvparbanner2.jpg

www.petitiononline.com/UncutDVD

darrin

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry to hear that Scott. I do find Tom Green pretty funny
though. I have't heard one good thing about this film so
I MIGHT rent it when it comes out. And I tend to forgive many comedies that people/critics hate. I laughed my ass
off at Saving Silverman!! Zahn and Black I guess were the
only saving grace. Where are those guys when you need them?

Jeff Wright

Auditioning
Obviously in the minority, I loved FREDDY GOT FINGERED. It's one of the funniest films released in the last few years. I can see it not being everyones cup of joe, but I don't understand how it can be so universally hated.
Oh well. I'm anxiously awaiting the disc. It's got Rip Torn on the commentary. WOOHOO!!! What else do you need?
Please nobody post "You need a good movie." or something like that.
Unashamed, and a would-be member of the FREDDY GOT FINGERED fan club,
Jeff

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Rip Torn doesn't contribute to the feature length commentary, though.
I just finished watching this disc earlier this afternoon. Ouch. I chuckled twice during the entire length of the movie. I guess a couple of decades of slasher films has desensitized me, since the extreme imagery didn't offend, shock, or entertain me.
------------------
My DVD list | My personal site

Mark Palermo

Second Unit
I've been defending Freddy Got Fingered since it came out. FGF is a potent satire of America's moral hypocrisy as well as a Dadaistic send-up of gross-out comedies in general. I admit that it's very uneven and I'm not claiming it's great, but along with AI it's the most astonishing thing to come out of Hollywood in years. Green attacks the sanctimony with which society treats certain issues, and despite evoking cries of offense, arrives at a deeper level of humanity than many are willing to realize. When was the last time any supposedly serious film bothered to assign a libido to a disabled character? Never. And yet Freddy crosses the line by doing so? The fact that it received some of the worst reviews in film history is indicative of genre hierarchy's persistence as well as the continuing decline of film criticsm (though to their credit, A.O. Scott and Rick Groen manged to break free from the rest of the herd).
Mark

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
The DVD comes out 10/23.
Although many critics may have been offended, Freddy Got Fingered struck me as a total bore. As for the "deeper level of humanity"...Tom Green's acting, particularly when he rants about the death of his dream to Betty, was more shameful than any of the failed extreme imagery. :)

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
"FGF is a potent satire of America's moral hypocrisy as well as a Dadaistic send-up of gross-out comedies in general."
Boy, film schools have a lot to answer for. What next, a Freudian interpretation of "Revenge of the Nerds"?
eek.gif

[Edited last by Julian Lalor on October 07, 2001 at 10:25 PM]

Mark Palermo

Second Unit
"What next, a Freudian interpretation of "Revenge of the Nerds"?"
Why not? Does Nerds genre excuse it from being confronted intelligently?
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks