What's new

Fox! Start Planning Now for "24" on DVD!! (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Nice thread fart, Jeff_HR. :thumbsdown:
Fox, as I said earlier in this thread, I am dying for 24 to be released on DVD, and thank you very much again to Peter for the info! :) :) :)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I was speaking for myself & not criticizing another person's choice or wants. My point was that the studios in their desires to satisfy their investor's desires for QUICK return on their investment will apparently make product decisions based on how it maximizes their profits. This usually means producing a product that they perceive as "hot" aimed at what they perceive as the largest possible demographic grouping with the means & desire to buy that product. That is their privilege since it is they property. I was simply stating my desires as a consumer to the product producing company. Besides I believe that it is considered impolite to flame someone else on this forum.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
And on any other forum, Jeff_HR, that would be fine. But generally it is held here that unless the thread title is asking for discussion about a piece, we don't discuss.
This is a thread asking for info on '24' and more importantly in the Studio/Manuf Feedback section. This is more than anything going to be read by studio execs. Therefore it makes sense to keep each thread positive about its message: if we're trying to get something difficult and/or rare released, it doesn't help the case if people chime in to say they don't want it - you would assume they are already keeping out.
Your point is a worthwhile one, however - it's just misplaced in this thread. Far better to start a thread either in this or the Software forum asking for peoples' views on the matter, I would say.:emoji_thumbsup:

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
And now that we have an official announcement, a big "Thanks" to Peter Staddon and all the fine folks at Fox who made this happen, at a consumer-friendly price, and a whole year earlier than I could have expected when I started this thread!!
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Chris M

Second Unit
Can't wait for this. I missed the entire TV season of 24 even though a good friend kept urging me to watch it. I knew starting to watch it in the middle would confuse me, so I stayed away. Now the DVD is coming out and I'm overjoyed... I'll be picking this one up anyway.

I hope Jeff can take this as a great example of why TV on DVD is such a good thing. Besides, I think studios are doing a great job at releasing catelog titles such as Warner, and MGM!

Chris.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Yes. A HUGE thank you to Fox for the upcoming 24 DVD release! I can't wait till I have my copy! Fox, you rule!

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I missed the entire TV season of 24 even though a good friend kept urging me to watch it.
That's similar to my experience. My friend who urged me to watch it even lived with me - he was my suitemate last year at school. He stayed home every Tuesday night to watch it and raved about it. I didn't start from the beginning because I didn't think I'd be able to watch it each Tuesday, although I did watch a couple of the last few episodes with him (he explained to me pretty much what was going on). I loved the couple episodes I saw. Now I'll be able to watch it from the beginning, whenever I want, come September. Thanks, FOX. :D :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
And the price is right, too. I just pre-ordered it from Amazon for $28.47 I think shipped, after coupons and a gift certificate. :)
Then the next week it's Mary Tyler Moore season 1, Simpons season 2 in August. Is it any wonder about half of my TV b ox sets are FOX products?

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Anamorphic Widescreen

5.1 Sound

A promise for each subsequent season between it's close and the following season premeire.

I couldn't be happier.

I just had to say THANK YOU, again, Fox.

Megan_A_D

Stunt Coordinator
Yep... pretty much all my tv box sets... are either FOX or HBO at this point.

Friends is the big exception there that I can think of off the top of my head.

I've never seen the show but I just may get it to see what the hype has been about... of course Paramount's gonna take a big chunk out of my wallet with all the TNG releases (haven't actually bought them yet but they're very high on my list when I start buying again after August)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks