What's new

Fox! Start Planning Now for "24" on DVD!! (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I was talking to a friend about last night's kick-ass episode of the great series "24", and we both agreed we'd plunk down the cash for a "24" DVD set the minute it came off the truck. BTW, my friend doesn't even own a DVD player yet!
Because of this series' extreme serial nature it is NOT a good fit for the standard strip syndication (excepting a complete run on one of the cable networks like FX, maybe). It is a natural for a nice Fox-style DVD set. I believe you guys would sell a ton of these, not only to current fans but to those who missed it the first time. So hopefully this is in your release plans for 2003 or 2004! ;)
Anybody else??

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I agree it's a natural for a DVD set, but wonder if I'd be interested enough to sit through it all again.

I'm watching each episode and am interested to see what happens next, but I think I may not care to sit through something this long again knowing what will happen. Assuming about 46 minutes per show (w/o commercials) x 24 shows = 18.4 hours of material.

I would like to be seeing the show in widescreen 480p, but our Fox affiliate isn't digital yet (and while I'm HD-ready I don't have a HD tuner yet either.)

James Norman

Auditioning
I hope they aren't considering this title for 2003 or 2004, but rather for 2002... preferably in June, right after the series ends.

With the exception of "SOAP" I'm not the kind of guy who would buy a series on tape or DVD, but I know I want a copy of this. My mother is even interested in a full set of this stuff, and she NEVER buys this stuff for herself.

I think the show is averaging closer to 40 minutes of actual content vs. the normal 46. Easily 3 episodes and maybe 4 could fit on a DVD making this a 6-8 DVD set, which I would gladly pay $60-$90 for.

Donald W

Stunt Coordinator
I hope this show and Alias hits DVD soon but I wouldn't count on it...because of syndication rights I don't think will see these shows on DVD til the rights are up...I mean look how long it took Buffy and The Simpsons to hit DVD and people are still going to have to wait for The West Wing to hit R1 when it's coming out in R2 next month

PS. 24 is running on FX monday nights and after the season is up will start all over again

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
I'll add my name to the growing list... I haven't been this into a TV show since Twin Peaks. I always have to plan for some time to come down from 24 because I get so involved in it as I watch!

James Norman

Auditioning
Now that the series has finished its initial run, is it too early to bring this up? I heard a rumor (on a "24" community board) that an August DVD release was in the works for the UK, but it's a new community that I stumbled on and have no way of evaluating the information.

James Norman

Auditioning
According to this article (be warned - the article gives away the ending to the series) Link Removed there are no current plans to put out 24 on DVD in the US, but there are for the UK.
I'm hoping it's not true, but if there is, I'm sure 20th Century Fox Television/Imagine (whom I'm assuming controls the DVD rights) have a reason for it.
Berman says the network at the moment has no plans to rerun the series during the summer but is considering the idea. A DVD release in the United Kingdom is scheduled for later this year, but it's not slated for the United States, according to a spokesperson for 20th Century Fox Television, which produces the show.
If Fox has a comment on this, that would be great, but I realize it's not realistic for the studio to comment on all the Fox threads.

Peter Staddon

Stunt Coordinator
James,

That information is not strictly accurate. You might well be seeing the entire series on DVD sooner than you might expect .. ..

More than that I cannot say yet.

Thanks for your interest,

Peter Staddon

Kelly V

Stunt Coordinator
This show must be done on DVD. There is great potential for Special Features and I know that everyone I know who missed the series or lost track of it is going to want to see the series from begining to end. With the possible exception of Enterprise, this was the best season finale of the 2001-02 season. I would love the chance to watch the whole thing again before the fall premiere of the second season. Please do one of your Fabulous FX Marathons!
Also, while we're on FOX, please tell me that Greg the Bunny will be back soon? It's the best thing since The Simpsons! :laugh:

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Excellent . Thanks for updating us on the situation peter i just saw that article and almost freaked out. 24 is a must own on DVD series

capt

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
THANK GOODNESS!! Thank you very much for the information Peter! 24 is my absolute favorite TV series of all time (yep, you read that right!), and I desperately want a DVD release! I really hope one is done VERY soon!

Jorge Montes

Stunt Coordinator
You might well be seeing the entire series on DVD sooner than you might expect .. ..
Ooooh! But that's not soon enough! :D
Seriously, I'm glad to hear that something IS going down with 24 on DVD. :emoji_thumbsup: Words cannot express my appreciation of this info, Peter!

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Personally I'd rather see more catalog film titles released than TV programs. But then, I guess everything is so demographic & bottom line driven. :frowning:

Greg_P

Stunt Coordinator
Bring on "24" season set. I'd buy it in a heartbeat. And Please MORE TV shows !!

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks