What's new

Fox - Simpsons - why so long? (1 Viewer)

Just curious, why is it taking almost a full year for the 2nd Season of the Simpsons to hit DVD? (Especially considering the first season was only 13 episodes).

The X-files is hitting at 2 a year, and other TV shows (other studios I realize) are even more frequently. Is it possible that The Simpson's will start to come out quicker than once a year?

I can think of a few reasons -

1) This new set has double the amount of episodes, meaning double the amount of commentaries.

2) It has more extras.

3)They want to get season 3 out this year too, they're most likely working on both at the same time.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I hear that there were issues and that Homer sued Matt for something that he said on the interviews. Than Marge had to leave and could not be found for her interviews because they discovered that she had ran off with Flanders, something about the hair you know. :b

All honesty, as long as they provide a quality product that will satisfy the consumer, I don't mind them coming out every year. What I don't want to see is them falling into the line of another company that has a lot of titles coming out over the next two months with questions about quality over quantity.

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
i was just recently doing some searching through the forum out of sheer curiousity as to whether or not peter staddon still posted on this board. i noticed that he does, but i also noticed that he has not posted anything about the delay behind the simpsons box sets. i remember when the first season was announced, there was a lot of excitement in articles which said that fox was planning on releasing the second season by year's end and the third in the 1st quarter of 2002. i am sure he's aware of the situation, but i for one, would like to politely ask one last time. mr. staddon, do you know what the reasoning is behind the delay of the simpsons box sets?

TheoGB

Screenwriter
I think Mr Staddon only posts once a week-ish so I would leave any Fox thread at least that long before wondering if he is ignoring.
If he is, however, it will be with good reason. :emoji_thumbsup: ;)

Michael Ballack

Second Unit
Please Fox! Please release 2 or 3 seasons per year. THis one Season per year plan is killing me. I need more. Please.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I agree with Michael Ballack. I would love to see The Simpsons collections being released faster than FOX is doing right now.

I brought Simpsons: The Complete First Season around last week & I just purchased Simpsons: The Complete Second Season yesterday afternoon. Both collections are excellent but I want more Simpsons episodes. I need more Simpsons episodes on DVD (keep releasing Simpsons season-by-season collections & I will buy them)

If Fox could bring out 2-3 seasons of the Simpsons per year then I would be a happy man (2-3 seasons on DVD would be a better idea since The Simpsons is now going to enter its 14th season. Fox if you release 1 season per year it would take almost 8+ years for every Season of the Simpsons to be on DVD. 2-3 seasons per year would make it much better.)

While I am on the subject of the Simpsons, FOX, could you release a DVD that contains all of the Simpsons shorts from the Tracy Ulman Show.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
While I am on the subject of the Simpsons, FOX, could you release a DVD that contains all of the Simpsons shorts from the Tracy Ulman Show.
Mr. Staddon said something in the past about legal issues surrounding these shorts being nigh-impossible to resolve. Otherwise there'd probably be a few on every disc

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
Mr. Staddon said something in the past about legal issues surrounding these shorts being nigh-impossible to resolve. Otherwise there'd probably be a few on every disc
Well, who owns the copy rights on the old Simpsons Shorts from the Tracy Ullman Show. The IMDB has listed at Link Removed has 20th Century Fox Television & Gracie Films listed as the production companies. http:/www.tvshowsondvd.com lists 20Th Century Fox as the owner of Tracy Ullman Show ( http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/showinfo.cfm?showID=4352 )

Ed Vandeweerd

Stunt Coordinator
I'm very happy with my Simpsons Seasons I & II The only Criticism I have about these thus far is the complete lack of imagination where the menus were concerned for Season 2. The fact that you have to hit the play button 3 times before you can bypass them is most annoying too!

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I'm very happy with my Simpsons Seasons I & II The only Criticism I have about these thus far is the complete lack of imagination where the menus were concerned for Season 2. The fact that you have to hit the play button 3 times before you can bypass them is most annoying too!
Actually, you can bypass the menus on season 2. Just hit the menu button on your DVD players remote. I tried it out & it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks