What's new

FOX: One Million Years BC DVD... why the shorter cut? (1 Viewer)

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
Online reviews and individual forum members have confirmed that the upcoming release of One Million Years BC on Region 1 DVD from Fox Home Video is the shorter version of the film.

This is a huge disappointment for fans of Raquel Welch, Ray Harryhausen and Hammer films.

Fox has had a great track record with DVDs in the recent past, so this release comes as a major surprise. Many fans of this film such as myself will be reluctantly passing on this DVD.

We the fans plead with Fox Home Video to please reconsider this release and supply us with the version we've all been waiting for.

Thank you.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I have to agree with Jack, this is a big surprise and a major disappointment. I have the box set preordered, but am seriously reconsidering whether to purchase it now. Some indication why the longer cut was not used would be appreciated.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Very depressed at the news. If there's a very good explanation for including only the shorter cut (and no deleted scenes) I'd love to hear it. :frowning:

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Fox should do the right thing as they did when they repressed "Cleopatra" with the Exit Music, and put off releasing "Star!" to do the LD supplements. This title should be withdrawn and redone at the proper running time.

The US theatrical cut became obsolete when Fox chose to release the British cut on Laser Disc and is no longer acceptable to fans of the film like me.

Jeff Kuykendall

Stunt Coordinator
As a Ray Harryhausen fan, I'm disappointed to see that a shorter version of the film is getting the US release.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Count me in as canceling my order for this. Why does Europe get the longer 100 minute cut, but we get the 91 minute version. Until I hear a good reason why..........NO SALE.

And I was really looking foward to this too. Bummer.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Cancelled my order. Warner got my money instead as I just ordered the 100 min version from the UK. Sorry Fox.

This might have been released at 91 min here in the states back in the 60's, but it was an early case of "Miramax editing" - take a foreign film and cut out the scenes you don't like, (without the film-makers approval), in order to make it shorter & more palatable for American audiences.

Jim Tudor

Stunt Coordinator
I was looking forward to this release. Now it looks like I'll be skipping it, and holding out for the R2 release or a completed R1 version. :frowning:

JiM T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks