What's new

Former SNL cast member Charles Rocket commits suicide... (1 Viewer)

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
No...Matt Freuer was Max. I don't recall Charles Rocket on the show but I did see him on King of Queens a while back as the Russian mold removal contractor. I vaguely remember the cursing thing, but I do remember a weekend update sketch where he was the representative member of the Army's new "gay brigade"...stationed at( where else) Fort Dicks.

It's scary to think that a person is actually capable of cutting their own throat but psychosis is a powerful thing. I've seen shows on TLC talking about fully investigated cases where disturbed people have stabbed themselves to death.

RIP Charles

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
For Rocket's best dramatic film work, check out the extended edition of Dances With Wolves.

I always thought he was an underused actor and was a big fan of his on SNL. Hopefully there will be a little tribute to him on the show this Saturday.

RIP Charlie, and I'd like to know who the fuck did it, too.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I found a video of the "I'd like to know who the fuck did it" clip and thought it was pretty neat. Maybe they'll reair the full episode as a Classic SNL soon.

I was never a fan of his but this is still a shame. What I don't get is he was still getting work so I'm not sure why suicide was necessary. Oh well, RIP Charles.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
That is terrible. I loved him in It's Pat, and he seemed to be quite personable. Why slit your throat? That has to be the worst way to kill yourself. :frowning: :frowning: It's just to bad, he had talent.

Ryan

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Honestly, I was expecting Laraine Newman or Garrett Morris to cash in their chips next. This one swerved me.

Can this be considered part of the SNL curse?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I find it rather odd that I'm reading this and listening to Depeche Mode's "Blasphemous Rumours" at the same time.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

The idea of an SNL curse is absurd. Given the number of SNL castmembers, the percentage of them that has died actually seems pretty low to me. I can think of six off the top of my head (Belushi, Radner, Vance, Farley, Hartman and Rocket) which is a pretty small number considering the huge number of people who are still living.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
NOT COOL AT ALL!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Disgusting! What was the purpose of that, Greg?

-

Is Charles the first person of the cast to kill themselves?

Ryan

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
It wasn't Greg. He was reacting to it. It's been deleted so he said "Nevermind" Apparently another member was trying to link an image from another site. That site must have coding that puts up the offensive picture if you try to link to it. It said something about stealing bandwidth.

Back to Charles... Man, bad way to go. I think he played Grossberg on Max Headroom.

Ric

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, it wasn't me! :eek:

A lot of times, someone will post something, and it'll stay in their cache and they won't know that others are seeing something else. I was alerting the poster that their image was being replaced, but by the time I hit submit, the post had been deleted.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
It's all good, I happen to be of an open mind and understand the idea of hotlinking. I am just glad it was remedied quite early so that others would not have seen it. Are you planning on rehosting the image?

Ryan

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

If you mean me, I'm in the same boat you're in. I just clicked on "latest posts" and the image was there. I was disgusted, but I knew instantly that it wasn't the poster's fault. But, the thing you might not realize is that there was another actual post in this thread. It has been totally deleted. My name was never attached to the image, and I have no idea what the original image was supposed to be. I could tell you the name of the poster, but there's no point since a mod obviously was checking the thread and took care of it.

I understand someone's desire to protect their server's bandwidth, but that kind of image is totally uncalled for. It was goatse level bad, for those who were fortunate enough to not see it.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

As far as I know. Belushi & Farley OD'd, Gilda Radner and Danitra Vance died of cancer and Phil Hartman was murdered.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

Deletion was thankfully accomplished by one of the Mods and I am grateful it happened so quickly.
A photo of Charles that I found had a nasty surprise in it that wasn't apparent when I posted it. I was ignorant that such a thing was possible. Sadly that will probably be the last time I link to an image.
My apologies to all who saw the resulting obscene picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks