What's new

Former SNL cast member Charles Rocket commits suicide... (1 Viewer)

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
S'OK Henry...I'm personally scarred for life (twitch), but I'll carry on (twitch) somehow...

;)

Shame about Rocket though. I can't imagine what would lead someone to that state.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I wouldn't count on it. The season of SNL he was in is pretty much a forgotten season. And he was not one of Lorne's people as well.

The other "forgotten" season was the one that included Danitra Vance and I have never seen her death acknowledged (at least in the anniversary shows where they have paid tribute to the other cast members who have died)

Also, Michael O'Donoghue was another person who died. Not an official cast member (although wasn't his name listed as a player in the first season?)

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
They acknowledged Vance's death in the 25th anniversary special.

Bill Murray did a little tribute to O'Donoghue after he died. I think they even acknowledged the passing of some former guests, like George Harrison and Howard Cosell, by showing a clip or a picture.

But I agree - I'm not counting on anything Saturday, but I still hope they'll do something.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
For some reason, reading how he did it left me really stunned. What a hardcore way to do it. Poor guy. RIP.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
In addition to the ones I mentioned before, Roy Orbison and Madeline Kahn were also given tributes on SNL when they died.

It would be kind of odd if his passing isn't acknowledged in some way on Saturday, but I won't be surprised if that will be the case.

This site has a clip of the infamous episode:

http://www.zebrality.com/article.php?article_id=11351

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Greg, I meant rehosting the original intended image, not the other one...

So, we have 9 total SNL castmembers who have passed on? That's a shame, but I suppose exceptable after 31 years.

Ryan

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

Please don't...I'm still having flashbacks. They're not the fun kind. :frowning:

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Guess I must have missed it. I was even wondering when I was watching if they were going to bother to acknowledge her. I'll have to watch the DVD again sometime.

CherylJ

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't see the offending photo (thank goodness, I guess), but I was really sad to read this news. For some reason, I always really liked Charles Rocket and remember him fondly from Dances with Wolves.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Okay, this is seriously derailing the thread now, but I'll provide a spoilerized description of the "stinger" picture the server sent out. After this, let's keep it to Mr. Rocket:

It was a full-frontal nude photo of a Japanese woman defecating, with a message not to leech their bandwidth.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
whew, good thing that picture was down each time I opened this thread at work.

Saturday's classic SNL is Madonna/Simply Red. The week after is Sean Penn/LL Cool J. Hopefully they'll have an 80-81 episode in the near future.

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
Besides the 'fuck' slip on SNL and Dances With Wolves, I think Rocket's probably best-known (most easily recognized) for his recurring role as Richie Addison, David's brother, on Moonlighting. That's what I'd always think of first when I'd see him in something, or explain to somebody else who he is...

Now, of course, he'll probably be remembered for his suicide.

Sad.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Which guy was he in Dances With Wolves? The nice looking officer with the long brown hair?

RyanAn

Screenwriter
It was nice to see some mention of Charles Rocket last night during the Weekend Update time. Quite appropiate.

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks